Pace collection now complete... RC300 content

johnnypie13":2gskar1p said:
cheers for that brings back awesome memories remember seeing that bike or possibly a different one at a bike show in London along time ago i'm sure there were two! (funny at the time i preferred a cannondale with the dodgy suspension which i broke test riding in London Olympia down a flight of stairs) to the stall owners amusement (not)

give my eye teeth to own one now

You will have a long search, I believe there was only ever one and it was never for sale. If it ever does come up for sale, I already have an ebay advert drafted for my left kidney.

JeRkY":274gua0r said:
... or is it? :LOL:

Any way, here is the very almost complete Pace RC300 which alongside my RC100, RC200 and RC500 represents the completion of my initially intended collection of Yorkshire made square tubers.

Now do I go for an RC250 for completeness sakes?
They all look great to me, a very nice collection.
Just a quick question, where were the pictures of the RC300 taken?

As for the BIG question, I don't think you'll be happy until you do get a RC250:?:

GO FOR IT :D.

Defender":1ripcenn said:
They all look great to me, a very nice collection.
Just a quick question, where were the pictures of the RC300 taken?

As for the BIG question, I don't think you'll be happy until you do get a RC250:?:

GO FOR IT :D.

The RC300 shots were taken behind Street station in London.

RC250...hmmm I am tempted...but must pay for new teeth first

JeRkY":1ir3n7fs said:

Thanks, sorry which 'Street station', I'm fairly familiar with London, but not sure where you mean, my guess is Liverpool Street?, or perhaps Cannon Street or maybe Old Street, looks to be the 'City' rather than the West End, but I'm probably wrong?
Where ever it is, it's a great backdrop for photo's:idea:.
Know what you mean about paying for teeth, been to the dentist today and have got to go again in a few weeks!
Thanks again....

Defender":17kw1vrv said:
JeRkY":17kw1vrv said:

Thanks, sorry which 'Street station', I'm fairly familiar with London, but not sure where you mean, my guess is Liverpool Street?, or perhaps Cannon Street or maybe Old Street, looks to be the 'City' rather than the West End, but I'm probably wrong?
Where ever it is, it's a great backdrop for photo's:idea:.
Know what you mean about paying for teeth, been to the dentist today and have got to go again in a few weeks!
Thanks again....

Sorry I did type Liverpool Street but some how managed to delete it before posting.
It is in the square by Broadgate tower at the rear of the station. Theres lots of fantastic architecture for back drops around these parts, but as I was passing through I thought the grey of the area suited the frame.

Yeah I am lining myself up for at least 4 crowns I think, and being a new patient to the local NHS dentist, I suspect he is going to tell me to FO and go private.

JeRkY":2606bqve said:
Sorry I did type Liverpool Street but some how managed to delete it before posting.
It is in the square by Broadgate tower at the rear of the station. Theres lots of fantastic architecture for back drops around these parts, but as I was passing through I thought the grey of the area suited the frame.
Yeah I am lining myself up for at least 4 crowns I think, and being a new patient to the local NHS dentist, I suspect he is going to tell me to FO and go private.

Ah, right that's where Broad Street Station used to be, I've not been there since, must pay it a visit next time I'm up 'The Smoke' with some time to spare.
My Dentist is private and has been for many years, I've got to have root canal done next visit, not looking forward to that in the least!
I don't think your dentist can do that :?
If they try to, I'd contact the local NHS trust or Citizens Advice Bureau and check, got to be worth a phone call or two?
Good luck with that anyway....

nhs dentist - £92 i think will be your bill. NHS dental charges come in stages one just under £20 which is for a check up, scale and polish, then one about £40 which covers filling, then the £90 band which covers root canal work, crowns etc. If he's Nhs he can't tell you to 'do one' and become private.

My fee for that info - one Pace ;)

I understood the top band in which crowns etc fall into is £200, which is still way more attractive than £2000. But at that price because the chargeable cost is less than the time and materials that it takes to do the procedure, the dentist will be hesitant about seeing me since I am a new patient and am instantly going to cost him time for no finical reward. Although not able to say no, he could decline to see me on the pretence of not taking on new patients at the mo.
Also because there is no room to even cover costs on the procedure, the materials used tend to be the absolute cheapest option.
Hopefuly these fears are just that and in reality the service is top notch. Despite being a huge supporter of our nhs I suspect there will be some truth here.

Just imagine if pace goods were legal tender, I would be loaded :LOL:

Really nice Jerky, I didn't know they made 300's in 'cool blue' - thought they were only in silver.

Looks great with the carbon seat tube in that grey/ blue.

JeRkY":1oybfrcs said:
johnnypie13":1oybfrcs said:
cheers for that brings back awesome memories remember seeing that bike or possibly a different one at a bike show in London along time ago i'm sure there were two! (funny at the time i preferred a cannondale with the dodgy suspension which i broke test riding in London Olympia down a flight of stairs) to the stall owners amusement (not)

give my eye teeth to own one now

You will have a long search, I believe there was only ever one and it was never for sale. If it ever does come up for sale, I already have an ebay advert drafted for my left kidney.

Duncan's Purple Descender is currently sat in Pace's new Dalby Showroom. There were a few one offs around that time....Tim's Funky Pace is probably the coolest.

On the subject of Duncan McDonald...Gil bumped into him a few days before the Big Weekender. Word has it he's going to be popping along to this very forum sometime in the near future.

Back