Pace collection now complete... RC300 content

marin man":21ik5m49 said:
Tell us more about the skewer chainset retainer please,why,how etc.
rc300 looks fantastic ;) :cool:

The Ti BB I acquired through this site (believed to be a very early Tune model) has a completely hollow axle and no threads for crank bolts. I have modified it by cutting some M10 threads I chose M10 as it was the closest match to the ID of the axle.

I have yet to source a suitable pair of M10x1.0 threaded bolts to act as crank bolts.

In its place I used a front QR skewer. using the lever and threaded bar to gradually force the tapers into place. It was inspired by the fix I have already made on the Bullseye cranks on my RC100 which are infamous for working loose.

Also allows for rapid swap out for a tripple chainset ....just kidding :LOL:

Not many spokes on those wheels.

How are you finding the 3-bolt rotor fitment? Looks flimsy to me....

Nice but you need to do something about that BB.

dbmtb":a47jdo8r said:
Not many spokes on those wheels.

How are you finding the 3-bolt rotor fitment? Looks flimsy to me....

Nice but you need to do something about that BB.

I have found some one who is able to source me some nice Ti M10 bolts, so the BB shall be sorted soon.

I have to admit I am a little nervous about the spoke count I normally opt for 32/36 config. But I must confess to wanting to do a weenie build on this frame (as far as budgets allow). The 3 Bolt rotors so far seem fine, but they have not seen too much action yet, just a few fettling rides.

This one is going to be a regular rider, so I hope it all holds up!

The lady in the first pic is rather big boned. Did you place the bike next to her to make it look even skinnier?

RC250 - do it!

Of course a real collector would have a variant of each of the 200 f numbers <runs and hides>

Radar":2b49ab2p said:
The lady in the first pic is rather big boned. Did you place the bike next to her to make it look even skinnier?

RC250 - do it!

Of course a real collector would have a variant of each of the 200 f numbers <runs and hides>

Haha, the recent appearance of Racerx's Purple pace has got me thinking along the lines of the different anno colours they were available in :p

Pace collection

To say i'm envious wouldn't cover it, that is a wonderful collection and i hope you have many hours of fun on them and looking at them

help me out didnt pace do a mental down hill bike i think it was purple and went by the name demon descender or something like that if you know or have pictures please let me know

cheers for that brings back awesome memories remember seeing that bike or possibly a different one at a bike show in London along time ago i'm sure there were two! (funny at the time i preferred a cannondale with the dodgy suspension which i broke test riding in London Olympia down a flight of stairs) to the stall owners amusement (not)

give my eye teeth to own one now

Back