BoTM August 2010 - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do carbon boosters look correct on retro bikes???? im really not sure, was there any retro bikes that came out of the factory with them as standard, not including upgrades :? :?

nevadasmith":27w0ahcp said:
graham1975":27w0ahcp said:
nevadasmith":27w0ahcp said:
Here's another yeti. :D

Would probably look abit nicer if the pictures were taking with a bit less in the background, nit picking i know but just my thought ;)

pics changed - I think they look better. :D

Definatly looks better in those pics how many puddles did you have to avoid untill you got the spottless polished pics!? :LOL:

graham1975":26ko62bf said:
nevadasmith":26ko62bf said:
graham1975":26ko62bf said:
nevadasmith":26ko62bf said:
Here's another yeti. :D

Would probably look abit nicer if the pictures were taking with a bit less in the background, nit picking i know but just my thought ;)

pics changed - I think they look better. :D

Definatly looks better in those pics how many puddles did you have to avoid untill you got the spottless polished pics!? :LOL:

Not many - i decied to take the pics just after I got off road - I knew I would be bothered to stop when I started!

BOTM

Again lots of nice bikes on display and at last some of them even seem to have been ridden rather than people spending alot of Dinar on something to look at.

The Pace (listed by Pace) looks good as does the GT aggressor, but for me the best has got to be the original TBG CinderCone listed by Sinnerman.
That bike looks truelly original in all its splatter paint glory, who would have thought a drunken night with a few tins of paint would still look so good all these years on, and the influenece they have had over all subsequent MTB's, they where the frames that set the new standard.

My humble vote is cast firmly in the direction of 'sinnerman' and his gloriously perfect looking Cinder Cone.

Hoorah

dale2.jpg

dale3.jpg

Nice one gazzo, I think this is the first mountain bike that pierced my conscience. Started a fascination with cannondales :)

Re: BOTM

maverick":k567u7qh said:
Again lots of nice bikes on display and at last some of them even seem to have been ridden rather than people spending alot of Dinar on something to look at.

The Pace (listed by Pace) looks good as does the GT aggressor, but for me the best has got to be the original TBG CinderCone listed by Sinnerman.
That bike looks truelly original in all its splatter paint glory, who would have thought a drunken night with a few tins of paint would still look so good all these years on, and the influenece they have had over all subsequent MTB's, they where the frames that set the new standard.

My humble vote is cast firmly in the direction of 'sinnerman' and his gloriously perfect looking Cinder Cone.

Hoorah

thanks for your comments bigman, the cindercone holds a lot of memories for me as a landmark bike.......!!!!! been having great comments and discussions on the, 88 cindercone 89 explosif tbg, thread here, on the retro mtb chat forum too, sum excellent guys on here and sum relevant points made too,.......you are never too old to learn....lol,,
it still rides as good today as the day it was born too.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=112309

http://s850.photobucket.com/home/Sinnerman_2010/index

Attachments

• 2021.JPG
    2021.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 776
  • 0015.JPG
    0015.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 777
Jesus hell, how long is that stem on the Cindercone???? 170??? :LOL: :LOL:
I dont know if i can even vote this month, there is so many lovely bikes here it just wouldnt be fair to try and pick a winner, there is probably 50% which i could easily vote for as a winner

graham1975":1ozbef6u said:
Jesus hell, how long is that stem on the Cindercone???? 170??? :LOL: :LOL:
I dont know if i can even vote this month, there is so many lovely bikes here it just wouldnt be fair to try and pick a winner, there is probably 50% which i could easily vote for as a winner

graham its loooooooooooooooong, when i decided to resurrect my race bike from 20 years back, i enjoyed doing it a lot, but knowing the cindercone was sadly a tad small now, i thought id let my lad ride it on the revival retro club rides we organise, hes a tall 14, ( ironic really as i bought it with my paperround money back in the day, i was 14), its a tbone stem, that i custom painted,( back in the day i wanted to refinish my rear brake booster and custom paint my stem too, but sadly couldnt afford it) he loves it and is riding it now more than his own modern race bike.....i ride the explosif which was the bike i had when i was 16,( see pics attached in photobucket). i do still have all the original parts, including velocity stem, tyres, and even the chain...lol....i just cant bring my self to ditch it.......lol.

http://s850.photobucket.com/home/Sinnerman_2010/index

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=112309

Attachments

• so this is what it was like back in the day...lol...x.JPG
    so this is what it was like back in the day...lol...x.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 730
  • loving the retro mint sauce jersey too...x.JPG
    loving the retro mint sauce jersey too...x.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 729
botm

Good to see a few old cruisers....so just to join in here's my Schwinng.

Attachments

• bikes schwinn.jpg
    bikes schwinn.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 581
Re: botm

rossco":33g5w3g0 said:
Good to see a few old cruisers....so just to join in here's my Schwinng.

loving the mock petrol tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back