1995 ( I think) Marin IFTrail New Project / Noob questions

Hi chaps,

More questions!!!!

Whats the best stuff tou use to clean/spruce up parts that have scuffs, marks on them, I also have a aluminium fram that marked and scruffed to buggery can I repolish this myself or is it best to send it away?

Thx

Siggy

Hi Sig. Really good story mate :cool:

I use Autosol for polishing all my metal bits. Did a whole frame with it but had to remove the laquer top coat first. ;)

yes as rafbikes said, nitromors then polish. im gessing the cranks will be aluminium so is probably some oxidisation. not sure why this occurs (or if im right) but id say wire brush it off and then polish them if the damage is just on the surface that is. my fork crown did this and seems to be ok now :roll:

Good start for a retrobike project!

On the forum you can find the original Marin 1995 catalogue. You'll find all original specs in that issue.

The bike was originally with XT and White Industries cranks and hubs.

Regars, J.

DAMN!!! I now know how a hooker feels!!!!, Polishing something off by hand takes ages!!!.

Managed so far to do the back triangle, when I have completed it I will post piccies, also what the best stuff to get rid of adhesive on a bike?
Also does anybody do decals for a 1995 IFT?

Sig

Hello again bud, the nitromors should take that of too as long as it's on an area you want to take back to bare metal.

As for the transfer Gil_m on here does good reproduction transfers this is his website http://www.thecycleshed.co.uk/bikegallery.html better off getting hold of him through the email address on his website if you want a quick reply.

Staf.

Whats the sticker say on the headtube, above the lower bottom bracket race? CYC00 something? Do you know what it is for? My unknown frame has a similar sticker.

Back