trimble repairability

xy9ine

Retro Newbie
i've got an old trimble kicking about that i've had since almost new that was retired because of a crack at the seatmast/rear stay junction (propagated by the brake cable scoring the composite). i've heard lots of comments re: the repairability of composite structures, and am wondering if anyone has any first hand experience and/or recommendations regarding the feasibility of such an endeavor. if it's too much hassle, it will remain a permanent piece of wall art...

xy9ine":2q7bj4v2 said:
i've got an old trimble kicking about that i've had since almost new that was retired because of a crack at the seatmast/rear stay junction (propagated by the brake cable scoring the composite). i've heard lots of comments re: the repairability of composite structures, and am wondering if anyone has any first hand experience and/or recommendations regarding the feasibility of such an endeavor. if it's too much hassle, it will remain a permanent piece of wall art...

@xy9ine:

Your not talking about this Trimble frame, are you...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Trimble-Inverse-4-F ... dZViewItem

Cheers

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Just a suggestion but if it was mine I would be a bit :? worried about a repair, why not remove the post and turn it into an even rarer trimble ➡️

attachment-15.jpg

posh26":1u85eja7 said:
Your not talking about this Trimble frame, are you...
no. here's mine (old pic; i'll take one of the crack when i get a chance). it's led a long, hard life & still holds a special place in my heart. this was actually trimble #2 for me, as i cracked the first one & brent shipped me back a different (yet not new) frame on warranty:

trimble.jpg

Back