Cabinet of curiosities

That Duell is my kind of bike! Great stuff all-around. I almost bought a Gazelle Champion Mondial with the indented seat-tube and Shimano AX aero routing. I could be mistaken, but I swear I've seen that wishbone seat-stay on an old C.B.T. Italia as well.

Yes, you are mistaken. That wishbone stay is part of my frame. You can not have it seen on a CBT or any other bike :LOL: This page shows a build example of an AA-Super (not mine). Unfortunately I will never be able to ride my AA-Super, as it is way too small.

Dito for that Duell. I do have a 59cm Duell ready for being build, so I will be able to experience the often raved about Duell ride myself sometime soon.

My 59cm Duell: model Pursuit. NOS frame.

A pure criterium machine. This means it has to deal with 400x tight cornering and sprinting out of the corner per race and this everything on often far from perfect innercity road surfaces. The frame is build using Columbus Cromor tubing. Not light like SL, but a logical choice considering the use and if you want to do longer with the frame than one season.

Again the painter couldn't resist putting some serious effort in the paintscheme :)

4844419961_e5b70ae6f2_b.jpg

En profil it looks solid blue >>

4845035148_0cc5d44ec0_b.jpg

The Duell, is lovely.
The Dutch obviously made some very fine bikes, i have seen a few Gazelle's of over the years, in the uk. But i had'nt come across RIH, Presto, Duell etc, until i started using retro bike forum.
So thanks for the education in Dutch bikes, i might even get myself, one someday.

Zieleman Type Special

Frame by the legendary Ko Zieleman of Amsterdam.

Some paint imperfections and rust spots here and there ...but who cares! It is straight and true and rides like dream. Keep it greasy and smile while riding :cool:

4878499043_c255c8b095_b.jpg

4879107942_1ed88fe26d_b.jpg

Stop teasing me Melv, I'm lusting after a Duell but most of them are too big and right now I shouldn't really be buying a new bike anyway.. The 55cm Klein Quantum on MP would be tempting if it wasn't for the stellar pricetag :shock:

On page 2 I already showed a 80s Jan de Reus, a frame that offers an absolutely great ride. Yesterday I got hands on a 70s Reus. The bike came with a box full original Jan de Reus clothing :) Below a glimpse of some detailing on the frame >>

5178395660_2147afd258_z.jpg
5177790939_8a87c56dec_z.jpg

Back