WTD: <£250 Complete Bike to suit 6ft rider

FelixP

Retro Newbie
Hi,

After a summer of ever longer and more enjoyable bike rides, I'm looking to invest in a quality road bike. I have a budget of £250 and I'm 6ft tall (so a 58-60cm frame?)

I am based in Cardiff but will happily travel up to 100 miles to collect. And I've got the cash waiting, of course!

Thank you,
Felix

bike wanted

what sort of material,steel aluminium etc
if it's steel your looking for i have a choice of 2 in your size range
1/ Raleigh pro frm 1971 (see photos)
2/ Giant superlight form early 90s (can get some photos if interested)

The raleigh is priced at £220 posted
" Giant superlight at £250 posted

I'm in north wales,so not a million miles away

Attachments

• Raleigh 757.jpg
    Raleigh 757.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,028
Hi cipolinni,

I thought it was best to keep my criteria as open as possible, I'm sure I would get used to either steel or aluminium. If you could get some photographs of the Giant that would be great, I'm not too keen on the colour of the Raleigh.

Cheers

bike

Hi felix
i will get some photos of the giant for you tommorow.
buy the way,would you be interested in a frame,forks,headset a-head stem,bars and seat post and campag veloce wheelset 9-speed.then build it up to your liking
i have an orbea aluminium decaled as a cervelo,very light
here's a photo of the complete bike,components removed now
and picture of the frame/forks

Attachments

• Cervelo Road Bike 002.jpg
    Cervelo Road Bike 002.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,013
  • Components sale 013.jpg
    Components sale 013.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,013
Hi,

The Orbea/Cervelo looks excellent! Would it be possible to build a complete bike around it for £250? I don't mind buying all the parts needed and putting it together, but unfortunately cannot stretch beyond my £250 budget!

I've been riding a well used Raleigh Stratos with Suntour 10 speed gearing and I've been bitten by the cycling bug now! I was hoping to move up to a similar yet vastly better bike if that helps, then in a few years perhaps get something really, really nice! Whereabouts in North Wales are you based?

bike

felix
i would sell the frame/forks headset,seatpost,ahead stem(you would need an ahead quill adaptor),3ttt bars and campag 9-speed wheelset
for £280
i sold a complete campag veloce groupset removed from this for £200
so if you think about it,based on the campag componets a nice bike for £480
of course you can fit cheeper groupsets 2nd hand for approx £100-£150
shimano 105 or similar

i'm in caernarfon north wales
cipo

Back