Brighton Big Dog Aftermath

bryan555":22ojyfij said:
Fun race! Wasn't expecting mud, but it was a really fun course! (apart from the bits it was too boggy to ride ).

I've got to admit I was a little bit pleased that I wasn't riding retro this time, having brakes that worked was really handy on that last decent :)

Thanks for everyone for making Sarah & little Nancy feel so welcome in the 'Retrobike arena' :D

Next time I think your Dad should get the muddy fox dirty !

Well that was a fun day out, speedway style cornering, great single track riding!

That klein was mint before my lap, the chainring bolts were the only part not covered in mud!

Look who turned up at RB Heckle tent to say hello, his first race for years. He seemed fazed by his borrowed bike " I can't get used to this thing, the brakes work you dont expect that!"

Its Max Glaskin
DSC00071.jpg

Wu-Tangled":2pbjf40i said:
"The rebuild that took the whole race.."

:LOL: Hey, to be fair I didn't get there til nearly 2pm. (Chainrings arrived in the post THAT morning!)
And I've never fitted a chain before.. :roll:

Look what I did to my Brand New RETRO REBUILD!!!!! BIG DOG?

Built the bike of my youth up so I could pretend I was still young and race at the Big Dog... It was awesome! I was in FULL RETRO mode with no sign of anything remotely post 1995. The bike handled nice but what a shock when I put the M900 Canti's on and nothing happened, a couple of crashes, going off course and a couple of mechanicals later I finished 4th in the Retro pairs. ACE!!!!!!!!!!!! I've now cleaned the bike and all is well...

Attachments

• Retro Pod.jpg
    Retro Pod.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 1,469
Back