Amp fork disc brake adaptor?

Designs look good, especially as no spacers will be required to work with ISO.

As Kevin Costner once said: "If you build it, they will come"! Correction, I think someone is his dream, or a whispering field of corn may have said it, but hey, seemed appropriate somehow (not that I watch Kevin Costner movies - I'll stop now before I incriminate myself further).

Ian

OK guys,

Time for the shocking part, costs of these parts......... :shock:

The front ones comes out at £14 each., the rear ones £19. Sadly small production runs are costly, but looking on Chain Reaction costs are on par with some of the parts they do.

Postage would be about £2 each.

The front one is for a 160mm disc, the rear is for 140mm, the horst link will need to be rearranged so the nylock doesn't foul the disc.

ATB

John

That doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Would I be right in saying that it would be possible to use an adaptor to run larger discs?

Cheers

Ian

These will allow any adaptors to give you +20 etc, the only thing i would be wary of is putting the extra load into the AMP parts, as standard AMP ran 165/140 front/rear, on the rear the swing arm might foul larger discs, as the ISO standard is 5mm closer to the caliper mount than AMP's rear hub.

Hope that all makes sense :D

ATB

John

ishaw":377gd29b said:
It does indeed! Not sure how easy it is to get the 5 bolt hope discs in 140 though :cry:

Not a problem, as long as you've got one for me to take the mounting pcd off i can laser cut one for about £15 in stainless steel.

ATB

John

The blanks for these were cut this morning and are now in the machine shop waiting to have the step machined in them, this wont happen until next week, but I'm off on holiday Saturday :D so they will be ready for when i come back.

ATB

John

Hi Guys,

Back off my holidays now, here's the finished parts, just need to tap the threads this afternoon and they're ready.

ATB

John

Attachments

• 1283418548928.jpg
    1283418548928.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,957
Back