Dynatech I.D.

Racks on XC50

Hi
I beg to differ on the use of racks on the XC50. Last September I did a 765 mile tour from St Malo to the Pyrenees with fron and rear racks loaded with camping gear. Some of the canal towpaths and coast tracks were very rough to say the least. The only problems I had were the bead of a Top Touring 2000 delaminating resulting in a bump every revolution and the rear wheel needed re truing afterwards, otherwise a great ride.

Racks on XC50

Forgot to attach a snap as evidence. No idea who the old git behind is.

Attachments

• Day 10  Montalivet Les Bains.jpg
    Day 10 Montalivet Les Bains.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,134
Can't really see what the problem with using a frame built with rack mounts with a rack.

It's a bit like the weight restriction of luggage on a plane-start by looking at the passenger before you have a go at the weight of the bags! Why should a 20 stone fat boy have the same luggage weight limit as a 10 stone weakling? Similarly an unladen bike with a 20 stone fat boy will be under a load more pressure than a bike with 5 stone of luggage and a 10 stone rider

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_eVgcsQUkH7o/S_02Ziu3LbI/AAAAAAAADXg/pY49LtsIRQs/s800/DYNATECH%20SPECIAL%20PRODUCTS.jpg

Brenda wasn't the only female assember in Special Prducts. The was another called Carol.

Best assembler was Clive Hodgson. He did all the protoypes as well.

Back