2001 Tazer FS resurrection - all done now - love it to bits

Manitous are 100mm and rear is in the 3 1/2" position at the mo'. Slack as a very slack thing but I never wanted to be first to the top anyway ;)

Looks very good there Mama. Out of nine Intenses, one of mine was cracked and welded (Tazer HT) and that has been fine. I'm a big chap as well!

Curly68":20mr1qb9 said:
Looks very good there Mama. Out of nine Intenses, one of mine was cracked and welded (Tazer HT) and that has been fine. I'm a big chap as well!

That's good to know - I'm sure it'll be fine with a bit of tlc as I'm only little :D

mamadirt":24j5suw1 said:
. . . I love it!!! I may just have to scour ebay for another for off-road use as I think I'm gonna have to treat this one with a little respect.

The wait paid off . . . I now have another identical (save for the cracks and rewelds :LOL: ).

Lost all the pics of my original build when Fotopic went down but managed to find this tiny one via google . . .

2001IntenseTazerFR-August2010.jpg

Despite the damage I used it for a good few months for commuting and XC before selling it on for peanuts. Then in mid January I noticed an ad over on pinkbike.com for an identical model. Arrived on Friday in pretty damn perfect condition for an 11 year old frame . . .

Thefinalparcel030212.jpg

Spent most of Friday with a tin of polish and touch up paint and finished the build in time for the weekend.

TazerFSframe-retouchedandreadytobuild.jpg

TazerFSwithFoxVanillashock.jpg

TazerFSheadtube.jpg

Originally intended running the Fox Vanilla rear shock and swapping the Lyriks for something lighter but for the mo' I'm loving the burly Marz Roco/Lyrik combo.

Tazerfs-firstride040212005.jpg

TazerFS-firstride040212.jpg

Ignore the quirky angle of the chainguide in that pic - a bit trial and error but all sorted now . . .

Tazerchainguide.jpg

Apologies for the pic heavy post . . . even more here!

Tazers rock! :cool:

Nice find! :cool:

Some great colour matching you got going on there and it looks really fresh with modern parts. I'll have to get on and finish mine!

Back