18lb, 4oz ...of Tom's finest steel.. . :) updates page 5

:shock: wow,really good to see the evolution and continueing development of a used bike :D ,si,your a legend :D ace bike!

longun wrote :

wow,really good to see the evolution and continueing development of a used bike ,si,your a legend ace bike!

:oops: :oops: :LOL: Thanks fella ,, I know.. :LOL: :LOL:

Awkward Kid wrote :

Blue SID's complete that. Looks pukka Si, and a user. Very nice kidda

Cheers bud, appreciated, I was going to get the forks colour matched , but the blue has grown on me.. and I think its a classic colour for Sids.. . :)

I'm just waiting now (got the popcorn and a cuppa sat here.... :LOL: ) for a full bike pic.. :p

Oh yeah, and a Ritchey saddle... ;) :roll: :LOL:

Great Bike Si. Really looking forward to details on what hippitech did to the forks (any chance of pics?). Will there be a separate thread detailing the fork mods?

Steering and control is now handled by a loverly WCS bar,, :)

Getting the power down required something light, reliable , easy to strip and service and most of all suiting to the build... so what else could I use.. :)

Ritchey Lockring to keep the 8speed cassette nice and tight on a dura ace Ti freehub body.. :)
Next up was the cassette,, :) currently fitted is a custom sram unit as the titanium unit I chose for the project was too light and fragile for mountain use , I went through a few nice cassettes, testing and adjusting weights and ratio's

Si.

When I saw this bike at the Gisburn ride back in Feb this year I thought It could never ever look better than it did that day.

I stand corrected and salute you on a awsome job and IMO one of the coolest bikes on here.

splendid :shock: :shock: :shock:

but you can not leave this front mech : :evil:

IMGP0757.jpg

poor tom is blinded by the collar

I like the shifters 1,2,3,FFS (!) I think all shifters should be labelled this way.

Back