Is this chainset super record?

I thought it might be a Royce as well, but I thought GPM was more likely because of the Colnago engraving.

The distinguishing point is the spider where it meets the ring; it's not flat.

Thanks for the info Guys.....I'm trying to check now ;)

I'm really grateful for the input here.....I have little to none knowledge on road parts.....but I'm trying to learn with a crash course via Hetchins!!

There were several versions of Colnago chainsets over the years . The cranks in the pic. have an unusual transition from spider to ring...

I don't think these particular ones are Campagnolo based, more likely Gipiemme or Ofmega.

All versions I have seen have ben heavily modified and as such tended to lose any manufacturer's logos in the process.

I am leaning towards Gipiemme...

The 52 stamped into the engraved chainring does not resemble the style of marking Campagnolo used to use either.

Hope that helps a little

Retro regards

its not royce they used different caps on the bolts ,campag used a headed bolt i agree it looks Ofmega ,very popular on some of the Italian package bikes

thanks for all the help/advice.....the only reason I ask is that the bloke I got it from is very knowledgeable about bikes, particularly British ones (heowns lots of patents for Chater-Lea!), and he says that a lot were modified extensively when new......I don't know either way, but I thinks its a good one, yes?

:D

Thats very interesting!

My bike also has that camapg/colnago seatpost and came with a concor supercorsa saddle on it and the rear mech is super record.....although first gen.

Could it be that a Colnago Mexico was the donor for a new Hetchins frame and fork?

I don't recognise the radiused 'cutbacks' on the top of the arms as being Campag style.

After speaking to the original owner, he says they are definatley campag/colnago..... Probably Mexico....

That seems to put that to rest!

Sorry to drag this thread up again ;0)

Back