The Old World MTB Championships or OWMTBC for short...

sinnett177

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
Book these dates in your diaries if you haven't already, September 3rd to September 5th 2010 as the 2nd OWMTBC comes to our area, Betwys-y-coed, North Wales.

It promises to be an even bigger hit than last years Dutch adventure (see the OWMTBC website for full aftermath: http://www.owmtbc.org/ ) and is based this year around some of the UK's finest trails.

Anyway as NW&NWA members we need to support this as its a must for any self respecting retrobike rider and it might be sometime before it hits these shores again, so who's going, who still needs to enter and who has a letter from their Mum?

Entries are still available at http://www.owmtbc.org/

Well I'm booked in and paid for,still mulling over the Thursday night yet ;) and have to agree with Mark if last years was anything to go by it'll be a blast still have nightmares about that trials rider bunnyhopping over ededwards!! :shock:

I'm all booked in for the weekend. I reckon I'll arrive on the Friday though along with a small selection of Saracens...

Will be heading down Friday with at least one alpinestars. Really looking forward to it as I get to meet one of my all time riding heroes...

...and its not Neil :D

Iam in, still need to enter though

I'll be down from the Friday with a selection from the fleet, Alpinestars included

HarryCrumb":47l3ne01 said:
Iam in, still need to enter though

I'll be down from the Friday with a selection from the fleet, Alpinestars included

H - if you need accommodation you'd better PM me sharpish...

Mr K

Had a little bimble on Saturday down the Marin trail with Crud and some old friends to pay respects to a recently departed rider.
The trails are still as good as I remember :cool:

I even tried recruiting the guy at bikes betws! Apparently he still rides the trail on his old school rigid marin and had never heard of retrobike :shock:

Anyway no more recce'ing, as mensioned, it was just a last minute ride we had and nowt to do with OWMTBC, they had organised it and they are throroughly modern riders. Although they were super impressed with Crud's Parkpre, none had the cojones to ride it down the decents.

Back