ProFlex 1996 856 Rebuild - ON HOLD !!!

I can't tell you how disappointing it was to come across this thread last night, only to read through all the pages and find the bike wasn't complete. Please don't hesitate to wrap this up for my satisfaction. ;)

Fantastic work so far.

My replacement Land Rover rubbers came in today, but I'm not quite sure how to instal them. I have removed the rear shock from the frame earlier but I couldn't get the old knackered elastomers off without being afraid to destroy the entire shock :? Shoudn't be too tough a job as the elastomers were intended to be replaceable anyway.. So while we're all waiting for updates, could you help me with that? :oops: :D

I have stripped both front and rear ods shocks with both good (now karmered to another forum user) and flat / hard elastomers - both came off the damper shaft dead easy ? :?

Have you removed everything else off the end of the shaft first ?

WD :)

just read through this after avoiding it (i dont need to know how bad my prep is!)

once again great work.

your polishing skills are fantastic. i have recently been trying to polish a set of split rim alloys but simply dont have the patience.

really looking forward to future updates.

Thanks for the comments :cool:

Well I guess I had to come clean sooner or later, the ProFlex is on ‘long term’ hold :-(

The reason ? I spotted some nice Ti bar ends going cheap which lead me onto finding a nice Ti stem going cheap, followed by bars etc, the slippery slope had begun … :LOL: I then came across a Ti frame that caught my eye due to some nice features :cool: (and price :LOL:), all because of those damn bar ends :LOL:

The ProFlex won’t get sold, it is in the process of being boxed and moved up to the loft and the XTR will find its way onto the Ti frame :D

The ProFlex will reappear at some point and I have no worries about finding any of the awkward bits ;-) I have accumulated quite a selection to keep it going well into the future :

Main frame
Swing arm
Rear strut x 2
Derailleur hanger x 2
Front ODS x 2
Rear ODS x 2
New RDS spring set
New frame bush pivot kit x 2
New Vector bush pivot kit x 2
Full Vector
Almost full Vector
Spare set of Vector legs

I don’t know if I will put a build thread on here for the Ti bike though :? I ‘think’ it’s a 2002 frame and with M970 / 09 Sid’s on it its not exactly retro :LOL: having said that, it will be on V’s and have a nice selection of ‘Retro’ bits – Flite, straight bars, flat stem, USE Ti (When I can find another one…) etc. I might venture into the 98 onwards section and have a look around to see if it will blend in … :D

WD :D

So,lets get this right,we have been following your lovely proflex build for..................................................................................................................................................................about that long and now it stops :twisted: finish it man :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Or give it here and I will do it for you ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Only kidding but will it be done before I am to old to use a computer :?:

marin man":83og8htb said:
Only kidding but will it be done before I am to old to use a computer :?:
Asking that question is the first sign that you are rapidly approaching that point.

I'm just saying...

Well I only started using a computer when I started driving...............about two years ago :oops: and I am 32 :oops: :LOL: :LOL:

Postponed Build??! BOOOOOO! Next thing you'll be telling us that you have two GTs, a Rocky, a Brodie, an IF, an Amp B4, a mystery machine to be named later, and a freshly painted Yokota all ready to be built up and you're doing nothing with those either!! My god man! :shock:

Oh wait...that would be me!! :LOL: :LOL:

Take your time, WD. Of course, judging by your timely progress to date you didn't need me to tell you that! :p :D

Back