Dynatech/Trimnell/X-lite fork bar clamp re-manufacture

jackbike

Dirt Disciple
This is a general call out to all owners of Raleigh made, Rex Trimnell designed dual yoke rigid forks. Thanks to Dyna and cd for interest and encouragement, the wife will kill me for doing this but I've got a local CNC firm pricing set up costs and manufacture of 15 pairs. Are there enough of us to make up this order? PM for any interest,

Attachments

• torus forks.jpg
    torus forks.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,807
Unfortunately don't own a pair of the forks - but if anyone who has them would like to sell then please drop me a line...

Thanks

If it helps reduce cost i can draw up the CAD file ready for the CNC machine.

Might be easier to contact someone at X-Lite and see if they can
find any info or drawings for the fork. I'd guess the metal gauge
and dimensions rely on a particular grade of aluminium being
used - so you'll need to find that out too.

Interested, but not hopeful that it will be affordable. I would be interested up to £150 a pair but to be honest I was never that struck on them. :D

I've tried Raleigh and X-lite already, but no joy from either, so this is the last option. There's an old thread from 2006 that links to the french RB site called sk1, and a guy their has a set. Does anyone know him, to see if he's interested in a pair or two?

X-lite forks

CNC qoute came back with £590 pair for one pair, which I didn't think was too bad really. OK, very expensive, but given the work involved, not silly money. Not sure how best to get the word out to all those who might want to join in this not for profit venture. I'm not sure of the morality of an e-bay auction, but it'd flag all the auction watchers. Any ideas?

I know this is a retro site, but what axle-crown are you looking at, and rim- or disc-brake compatible?

........and the prize for random mis-post goes to ....................Simon(applause...crowd goes wild and fifty cent retires in a huff :D )

Back