• RIMG0517.jpg
    RIMG0517.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 507
  • RIMG0523.jpg
    RIMG0523.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 507
nevadasmith":1hcuyc3u said:
Here's another yeti. :D

Would probably look abit nicer if the pictures were taking with a bit less in the background, nit picking i know but just my thought ;)

graham1975":35pi9xvy said:
nevadasmith":35pi9xvy said:

Would probably look abit nicer if the pictures were taking with a bit less in the background, nit picking i know but just my thought ;)

You are dead right - going to take it out for a run tomorrow so I'll take a few pics then and maybe swap them out (if that's allowed?!)

Lots of nice bikes. And best of all for me they all look like they are actually ridden and not just polished.

Tazio":24c29sc1 said:
Lots of nice bikes. And best of all for me they all look like they are actually ridden and not just polished.

Yep, rode my 84 Fat down to visit another Fat collector, from the northeast bronx, down to the westside Manhattan, then down to 59th street, and back to the Northeast Bronx, with a stop to go around the Central Park Bridal path, and the Mexican Food Truck on 86th and Lexington, plus a bike shop stop, where one of the older workers recognized the Fat, which led to some good conversation.

All together about 45 miles, and the streets have plenty of pot holes/cracks/dips/bumps, so it was a bit of a trail experience. It was a good day on my 84 Fat :D

GoldenEraMTB":wh3wsa35 said:
Tazio":wh3wsa35 said:

Yep, rode my 84 Fat down to visit another Fat collector, from the northeast bronx, down to the westside Manhattan, then down to 59th street, and back to the Northeast Bronx, with a stop to go around the Central Park Bridal path, and the Mexican Food Truck on 86th and Lexington, plus a bike shop stop, where one of the older workers recognized the Fat, which led to some good conversation.

All together about 45 miles, and the streets have plenty of pot holes/cracks/dips/bumps, so it was a bit of a trail experience. It was a good day on my 84 Fat :D

:shock: :shock:

Not sure I'd fancy cycling in Manhatten, and I cycle in very busy city traffic most days. Though there is a pretty good deli on 59th just east of 5th.

Tazio":3fxckhau said:
GoldenEraMTB":3fxckhau said:
Tazio":3fxckhau said:

Not sure I'd fancy cycling in Manhatten, and I cycle in very busy city traffic most days. Though there is a pretty good deli on 59th just east of 5th.

New York is one of my favourite places - I'd have to stop at Raffles Diner on 48th/Lexington for breakfast - awesome eggs/bacon/pancake. A retro bike ride round NYC would be fun :!: :D

nevadasmith":3ld595v6 said:
Tazio":3ld595v6 said:
GoldenEraMTB":3ld595v6 said:
Tazio":3ld595v6 said:

New York is one of my favourite places - I'd have to stop at Raffles Diner on 48th/Lexington for breakfast - awesome eggs/bacon/pancake. A retro bike ride round NYC would be fun :!: :D

Cycling in Manhattan is great; beat cycling through the South Bronx :LOL:

NYC is much friendlier for cyclist now, than it has been in the past 25 years. That said, I did, almost, get hit by a couple school bus drivers (they are worse than the cabbies and city bus drivers).

Yes, there are many great delis and diners in Manhattan, just needed to stop somewhere I wouldn't have to leave my Fat outside- too many thieves.

Great idea! A retro bike ride around the city, and on a couple of Manhattan's bike trails (yes, they have one or two good ones), would be awesome. Any of you guys in Manhattan, drop me a pm; we'll ride :cool:

graham1975":2080uhu4 said:
nevadasmith":2080uhu4 said:

pics changed - I think they look better. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back