2000 marzocchi bomber z1 x-fly

gaz857

Dirt Disciple
just upgraded the forks on my kona as these don't quite have enough travel for me. they are the 80mm travel versions. They have adjustable rebound and compression damping. Air sprung can be altered by using the 2 external schreader valves. All alloy construction. very smooth and responsive forks as all marzocchis are! very light too. the shiny polished look is very retro too.

Offers around 60 quid.
DSC00133.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

for anyone thinking of buying im running these forks on my bike and they are buttery smooth and damping etc... is spot on! great buy for £60!! :)

i have a set of these and they are amazing, there going to be 2001 though and there isnt compression damping, just air preload and rebound.

They feel like a downhill fork and certainly inspire confidence!

dmrbikerboy":2dun85cj said:
i have a set of these and they are amazing, there going to be 2001 though and there isnt compression damping, just air preload and rebound.

They feel like a downhill fork and certainly inspire confidence!

there are two adjusters up the bottom of each leg, one for rebound and one for compression, adjusted with a 4mm allen key. trust me :cool: i've tinkered with the settings lots :? you're dead right about the performance though. lik i said. another inch and a half of travel and i would have kept em forever!

fair enough :oops: must have been a placebo effect of thinking it was compression therefore feeling it make a difference! :?

haha i know the feeling, i was bemused at first when i got mine,but once youve got them set up they eat terrain, i have them on a kona firemountain from 98.

haha these are a bargain, at one point this fork was the most expensive single crown ever made, retail was i believe £599 or £499 lol!

i paid £70 for mine and they have a scratched topcap so these are a bargain!

I might have a nice pair of 2000 z2 x-fly's coming up soon. Less travel think 60mm but still very plush.

dmrbikerboy":25mzpwmz said:
haha i know the feeling, i was bemused at first when i got mine,but once youve got them set up they eat terrain, i have them on a kona firemountain from 98.

haha these are a bargain, at one point this fork was the most expensive single crown ever made, retail was i believe £599 or £499 lol!

i paid £70 for mine and they have a scratched topcap so these are a bargain!

STOP IT!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: you're soooo making me want to keep them now lol :LOL: just bought a pair of 2002 bomber z1 drop off's to replace them. the manitou splice super in the picture i would not recommend unless you weigh 10 stone! no preload adjustment whatsoever! :shock: boooooo! did wonder why i got them for 50 quid only 2 months old!

Back