'90 Yeti FRO

Final build pics attached - the Ringle twisters and FTW stickers turned up in the post this morning so I got 'em on and took some more pics:

Attachments

• Side Front Below.jpg
    Side Front Below.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 4,722
  • Side Front Abv.jpg
    Side Front Abv.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 4,721
  • Side Rear Below.jpg
    Side Rear Below.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 4,721
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 4,721
Couple More:

Attachments

• Drive Train.jpg
    Drive Train.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 4,722
  • Saddle-Post-Cantis.jpg
    Saddle-Post-Cantis.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 4,721
  • RIMG0512.jpg
    RIMG0512.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 4,611
  • RIMG0515.jpg
    RIMG0515.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 4,611
Re: '91 Yeti FRO

nevadasmith":3qojwoeu said:
scant":3qojwoeu said:
nevadasmith":3qojwoeu said:
Stocko has done a most excellant job of renovating the frame the powder coat is very well done indeed.
powder coating was done by castle coatings in caerphilly. forks were resprayed by a local car body shop.

Thanks for the info - did you get it done?
yeh. 1 of the few places around here that do bike frames & were prepared to get 5018 in stock. I've missplaced the info, but the frame no was revealed when the paint was stripped & I'm certain its 1990, not 91.
argos replaced the seattube, thats why the seattube area is brazed & not welded.

finishing touch would be a yeti seat colar b.t.w

Re: '91 Yeti FRO

[/quote]
yeh. 1 of the few places around here that do bike frames & were prepared to get 5018 in stock. I've missplaced the info, but the frame no was revealed when the paint was stripped & I'm certain its 1990, not 91.
argos replaced the seattube, thats why the seattube area is brazed & not welded.

finishing touch would be a yeti seat colar b.t.w[/quote]

Scant - thanks for the info - original posted edited to reflect your hard work in the renovation :D

Yeah a Yeti seat collar would be great but I am now broke so it'll have to wait for a while!

Your last retro build for a while looks awesome fella !! :cool: You've done a great job. The suntour group suits it well. Enjoy it now but just get them ringle twisters off ! Its definately a B.O.T.M contender ;)

I've got a Klein to pick up from Castle Coatings this Monday :D

Yeti looks fantastic- I reckon getting the forks colour matched with the frame could be a better option than getting yellow bars. But anyway looks fantastic as is.

Thanks for all the comments :D

Took it out for a ride today. Did a local 7 mile loop with a few killer uphills and some fast single track/gravel/grass down hills. Its actually fairly comfy - I think the rise on the FTW stem helps out there - but its a lot more livley than my 456!

Only 1 bit fell off ( :oops: ) a rear brake pad ( :!: ) half way down the fastest part of the loop I thought the rear had gone a bit spongy and in-effective - luckily the front hauled me up just in front of the gate and some passing ramblers... :roll:

I think the colours will stay as they are - all my bikes have a bit of flouro yellow in them - by accident more than design (although there's no doubt that it would look class with colour matched forks) and the blue/yellow/silver all goes together nicely.

Attachments

• RIMG0518.jpg
    RIMG0518.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 1,624
  • RIMG0526.jpg
    RIMG0526.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 1,623
  • RIMG0522.jpg
    RIMG0522.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 1,623
Back