Macretro Glentress National - Organisational Notes

kaiser":37klcgch said:
zigzag":37klcgch said:
I'm quite fancying a Friday night ride for those staying over (or nearby). Should be fraught with peril, probably wouldn't retro it either.

good option, a blue night run would be tha bawz

Aye, a nice wee taster for the main event.

I could continue the chase for the innerleithen 1991 downhill course, use that for the sunday - but the climb was brutal. I've found the guy who organised it, might need an edinburgh chap to talk to him at somepoint.

The Ken":36skjr1a said:
I could continue the chase for the innerleithen 1991 downhill course, use that for the sunday - but the climb was brutal. I've found the guy who organised it, might need an edinburgh chap to talk to him at somepoint.

Jerrys Technical Nightmare??

Whos the chap??

The Ken":2maavud6 said:
do we want to break the climb with things like the trials competition or should we just save that sort of stuff till after the ride?

i think if we can get all of us billeted together we can do the trials
after a few beers at the campsite

Yes good idea

Route: ZZ and I to recce with assist from Velo and Boxxer, still open to Sunday ideas but I'll post a local hopefully retro freindly old school route.

http://www.thebicycleworks.co.uk/ the guy that runs it is john anderson he did a lot of the ed coop races.

I like the idea of drunken trials, but where do we intend staying? Gaz like s the idea of the glentress pods as it is at the end of the trail. BBQ there so even people that are leaving straight away can join us for a short while.

Competitions? Keep it simple and not upset the riding too much? Carpark dash and a few spot prizes? gnarliest rider? best dismount? etc

I can bring a big Gas BBQ to ensure nobody dies of food poisoning - youll need to bring you're own food though

Back