Macretro Glentress National - Organisational Notes

think one route on the day
however i think the black route is a more retro freindly option
think about it
we may have 30 or so riders so a route that gives stops to allow catch ups
will be needed ,the red will probably be quite busy
so for a friday / sunday run the red /blue trails would be better
or even a pentlands bash ?

do we want to break the climb with things like the trials competition or should we just save that sort of stuff till after the ride?

I could be up for a recce - only thing is bythe time I get home from work it's after 6, then to feed up and head along would be looking at 7 at the earliest and the nights are fair drawing in!!

Trials is good, would be fun to get some time at the end on the freeride area, extra points for tricks....

I have a peebles innerleithen route idea for the Sunday, again will require a recce but its old school XC.

I know what you're saying mikee, but I think the big draw of GT is the red route (well Spooky Woods anyway). The Black just isn't as retro friendly.

boxxer":2opozxjp said:
I could be up for a recce - only thing is bythe time I get home from work it's after 6, then to feed up and head along would be looking at 7 at the earliest and the nights are fair drawing in!!

Trials is good, would be fun to get some time at the end on the freeride area, extra points for tricks....

what about both ZZ and I plunder you for some thoughts and we do the recce?

I'm quite fancying a Friday night ride for those staying over (or nearby). Should be fraught with peril, probably wouldn't retro it either.

boxxer":2vjnpb0j said:
kaiser":2vjnpb0j said:
I have a peebles innerleithen route idea for the Sunday, again will require a recce but its old school XC.

Which side of the hills??

I have the route in a guide book, at home but I'll get an overveiw to you.

zigzag":3j1ea7mo said:
I'm quite fancying a Friday night ride for those staying over (or nearby). Should be fraught with peril, probably wouldn't retro it either.

good option, a blue night run would be tha bawz

Latest posts

Back