GPS tracking

Ride with GPS is quite cool, found some interesting routes to play about with.

Not so sure about MapmyRide...bit garish and lots of ads, like the workout option tho. Found quite a few new routes too.

Inspired me to get out and about with the missus today...

todays route

the GPS on my phone was acting up so i re-plotted it in google maps

some pics..

1small.jpg

2small.jpg

BobCatMax":1ogb2yvm said:
Ride with GPS is quite cool, found some interesting routes to play about with.

Not so sure about MapmyRide...bit garish and lots of ads, like the workout option tho. Found quite a few new routes too.

Inspired me to get out and about with the missus today...

todays route

the GPS on my phone was acting up so i re-plotted it in google maps

some pics..

2small.jpg

Used to walk my dog here before she died. Never cycled up this track though. Very slippy in winter. Did you go up the steep track from the waterworks, or the easier track from the A24/27, by the golf club entrance? If you turn 1st left down this track, then bear right at the next junction, you get to the top of my road!

I am putting rides onto my ridewithgps proflie, though they almost all feature pubs! :oops: Feel free to look/download/drink etc. (see below) C u on a hill.

Dave

It's quite addictive, isn't it.

Had a look at a couple of your routes dave, and quite interested in the loop up through Angmering, looks like it could be fun.

As for that route with the pics, don't think we went up near the water works..we came in past the old Aviva building and went down past the golf club on the way home..

btw, nothing wrong with having pubs enroute..gives me more ammunition to persuade the missus

BobCatMax":1uby1mk5 said:
Had a look at a couple of your routes dave, and quite interested in the loop up through Angmering, looks like it could be fun.

You will find i had an unexpected meeting with two stile's on that route, just approaching Clapham church! :oops: Got a little lost. There is a shop/tea room in Clapham, on the left as you go down to the main road...blink and you miss it. Good though.

TTFN,

Dave

DA-EVO":ul0560q7 said:
Heres my routes

http://ridewithgps.com/users/15381

I have just plotted one and sent it to the GPS but have yet to try it - Chanctonbury to Cissbury - anyone done that?

Hi fella,

Just looked at http://ridewithgps.com/routes/149271
Looks a bit steep coming out of Botolphs :shock: Most of the up, and down, at the start/finish is SDW so rights of way should be OK.

Chanctonbury to Cissbury, but starting near the A27 at Sompting, yesterdays ride.....
http://ridewithgps.com/trips/87863

Would be nice to build a library of routes/users for the benifit of all here :D

Dave

Piperdave":f3n4qmsa said:
Would be nice to build a library of routes/users for the benifit of all here

That was kind of what i was hoping would happen.

I know that there are quite a few of us in this area and a little bit of inspiration goes a long way to sorting out new routes..and maybe even some get togethers?

DA-EVO":f3n4qmsa said:
Chanctonbury to Cissbury - anyone done that?

A mate of mine does that section of the SDW a fair bit DA-EVO, he dug out an old route from MBUK from 2006 going all round that way, i've been meaning to plot it for a while now, and you gave me a reason. I'll see if i can get it on here asap

A few suggestions if I may.

1). Could put all the ridewithgps users at the top of the thread and everyone befriend each other, can email each other with updates.

2). With the forums permission, set up a retrobike account that a few people can admin and add routes that people can check against. One shared email address to send route files to.

In terms of runs set up some runs with plenty of notice so that people can organise their time around them. Done this before with a few car events and seems to work well. CTC organise their runs 3 months in advance usually and typically they fairly well attended.

Just thoughts, might be better ones. Meeting points there is parking for those that travel I guess? Tintin40 doing some good runs but for me personally work means I have to change plans often and haven't managed to hook up on any - would personally need more notice but that's not a criticism it is just my circumstances.

Back