Rektek Titanium

Re: Flat bar

Wold Ranger":3f03bnkw said:
Flat bar looks better

Yep, agreed! Risers are more comfy though so they're staying this time.

...now with shorter 420mm RC31 and Flite.

Attachments

• aaa_rektek1.jpg
    aaa_rektek1.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 3,403
tiboltrider":39jj1tr2 said:
It's too difficult and expensive to get hold of M900 XTR!

A few more pics:

Try getting Precision billet in matching titanium then (I did! cost as much as the frame)

Whats the frame weights like on these? Is it butted tubing or not? Matching coloured Ano with Ti is always very tricky, tend to find dark colours contract best. Particularly with brushed Ti.

Wold Ranger":2bgy3d3e said:
Whats the frame weights like on these? Is it butted tubing or not? Matching coloured Ano with Ti is always very tricky, tend to find dark colours contract best. Particularly with brushed Ti.

I've just been looking at the frame weights of Hei Hei's and a Ti Bolt here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

Would guess that my frame would be around about 1600g (3.5 lb) ish.

...and yep, but I 'needed' a bike with blue bits on! :p

kirbdug":2p1bx96l said:
saw this bike today could not believe the weight of it or the lack of it

Just weighed it and it's currently 22.09 lb, I think it was 21.5 lb with the carbon seat and fork. Not super-light but ok :D

Found an old piccy of the frame before I built it up!

Attachments

• small Image028.jpg
    small Image028.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 3,001
Very nice build. I'm actually quite interested in RekTek. I grew up in Vancouver and was in high school (senior secondary for you Brits?) in the late 80s. I own a steel RekTek that I begged, borrowed, and stole (not really :LOL:) to afford. I bought it in 1989. It came fully equipped with the latest greatest XT group from Shimano, a very cutting edge Tange Prestige switchblade fork, Syncros seatpost and stem, etc etc. I bought it from the Reckless Rider bike shop in Vancouver (I guess the Rek comes from Reckless. Not sure about the Tek). It was located just under the Granville Street bridge near the entrance to the Granville Market. I remember that they had a painting room in the back were the frames would get sprayed. I don't actually know where the frames were made though. I remember someone at the shop telling me that they were welded at the Syncros factory and painted at the bike shop. However, I've never been able to verify this. For All I know the frames were made in Taiwan? So I guess the main reason for digging up this relatively old post is to see if I can shine any light on the history of RekTek. Does anyone else own a RekTek frame? My frame has a serial number on it 2635. I find it hard to believe that a little bike shop in Vancouver sold 2634 bikes before mine. Perhaps it is someone else's design?

Hi Classen. Thanks for the reply! Have you got any photos of your bike please? (May be start a thread in the Readers Bikes section!) I've got a piccy of one other ti mtb and a ti road frame but not any steel frames.

My one will soon be going over to M900 XTR and Manitou 3s...

that's something different, and cool too! Great job on changing the saddle to a flite. Makes the bike look soooo much better!

Cool bike. I had a RekTek titanium road stem back in they day. It was too long for me, though, so I gave it to my brother.

Back