I fancy a ride oooop, waaaay oooop north

LG have a wee gander at some of our aftermath threads see if theres owt you fancy :D don't go anywhere with gazz though, certainly not alone.

kaiser":2uveak4v said:
LG have a wee gander at some of our aftermath threads see if theres owt you fancy :D don't go anywhere with gazz though, certainly not alone.

Yes I like the April one, should I bring protection?

legrandefromage":3fh3zgrs said:

Na, minders wont be necessary, you'll be fine on your own, were all pretty harmless and not that scary :LOL:

legrandefromage":f8x7zvz6 said:
kaiser":f8x7zvz6 said:

he is right, esp. anywhere in ayrshire, you look like a 3 hog type of fella ;)

that was my fav. trip of the year good choice- real epic.

I refuse to accept anything south of Inverness as worthy of the description North, ya teuchters and sassenachs. Why, I hear tell that sometimes the wind stops blowing, that far south...

legrandefromage":1eairu4a said:
Oi tell thee this is waaa oim aaaafterrrr for that epic stoile 'o roid

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... c&start=60

You sir maintain the credentials of a connoisseur if i may retort :cool:

October: weather unpredictable, getting cold, easier use of Da Boffy (less folk) :p Daylight hours restricted to approx 8am - 7pm from memory - although need to check that. Still worth it though.
Travelling: Previous start point for this was Bridge of Orchy which has a STATION and BUNKHOUSE so you have option to travel up by train easily enough if need be and cheap kip arrangements if that helps (BofO is on route from Glasgow Queen St) You just have to get from Flatlandshire to Glasgow Central or Edinburgh (Haymarket? Waverley? - wrong end of country so I can't advise there) then nip to Queen Street and 2hrs to BofO. Alternatively drive etc etc....

Plenty of other good routes through the heelands but this one is nice and relatively accessible

October (basically Early Winter) will have a good bloom of heather, so the Purple Headed Mountain will be prominent :shock:

And in the name of Allah - don't go to a Trail Centre :roll:

(Panda takes cover)

Off road epics, yes dont go to a trail centre (Mr P cant ride them anyway :LOL:) Adrenaline buzzes with tea and cake to follow, yes do go to a trail centre.

I'd be pleased if you did join us at Glentress for our big meet but if off road tours are more your thing then Mr P our outland expert will sort something ;)

Back