OCTOBER RIDE 2-MACRETRO's BIG CLAN GATHERING- GLENTRESS

Sould be some more details on the accomodation side of things in the MacRetro thread soon, few ideas being bounced around :)

Dr S":eu18w5c5 said:
giant-one":eu18w5c5 said:
Where are people staying?

Camping or B&B's??

Probably as far away from Beavis and Brocklanders as possible. Probably France :LOL: :LOL:

I think Macretro are planning some camping in wigwams or the likes. Many are just doing the day then off home.

Si

I dont think France is far enough :LOL: :LOL:

It's a bit far for us to travel up in the morning so will get there late Friday.
Beavis only has one wkend pass a year :LOL: :LOL:

i have it in my diary.........just under 95mile away, so not too bad for me, just have to see what bike i have at the time!

brocklanders023":1268i3zz said:
Will see if I can get the time off work. Don't think I'll be staying so you should all get some sleep. :oops: :LOL: :oops:

Might have to stay sat night. It's at least a 4hr 30min drive from us and that's a good run.

We will sort it later. ;)

I joined the Clan yesterday for the route recce. Fantastic trails, great scenery, shame about the weather. Lots of options for shortening the route, playing about etc.
We used a mixture of black, red and blue sections and all were retro friendly. A few sections will be challenging but on the whole well within the capabilities of the average rider. There are a few new sections of trail that were superb- fast, smooth and flowing. The blue run from the Bike Park to main car park was brilliant fun. So much fun I got the giggles and had to slow over the last few jumps.
So if you are undecided just get your ass up to the Borders, it's going to be a great day out and certainly not one to miss!

Toons. I will look after you as I too am bringing a modern bike as I really want to ride Glentress on it. ;)

toons":3g1tcsur said:
Will I be stoned to death if I bring my Modern Bike?

BTW is there room in the van?

Nah not stoned but maybe mildly mocked :) its preferable if everyone enjoys their day.

Back