I fancy a ride oooop, waaaay oooop north

clockworkgazz":29vg6jrs said:
let us know when you are coming up and I'm sure the clan can sort out a proper bo ride for you LGF ;)

Well, like I say, it depends on the weekend pass allowance.

October shindig will be a blast, if you are doing a tour we can recommend a few remoter places but you might need a gps or map reading skills unless you follow one of the major waymarked routes like the great glen way or west highland way.

Westhighland way (Glasgow to Fortwilliam) is about 4 days but there is some walking/climbing involved at loch lomond, about 25 miles a day

Great Glen (fort william to inverness) is a 2 day 80mile ride through amazing countryside, it is easy, as the trails are pretty much all well kept fire road or single track tarmac, but there are some bitching climbs, a fitter person than me could do this in 1 day. A cross bike could easily do this route.

West highland is a train back to the start, and great glen - we booked a shuttle service but there were 6 of us.

Trails centres are all pretty good - Kirroughtree and Glentress are my favourites - Glentress is just plain fun and Kirroughtree although not high is stunning. The others can tell you about the other centres.

He's feart, fowk fi the weej shouldnae chuck stanes in glass hooses, his patters mare Rab C than us east coasters :LOL: (You lot type too fast, this statement makes no sense now :roll: )

Anyhoo, I'm actually a middle class chap from the gentle environs of Midlothian, well versed in polite conversation and the above sentence was only derived from my experiences of Dundee and Glasgow.............and who am I kidding, my home town of Bonnyrigg :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

We'd be delighted to see you LGF, come and see some proper hills ;)

velomaniac":3akle2w5 said:
He's feart, fowk fi the weej shouldnae chuck stanes in glass hooses, his patters mare Rab C than us east coasters :LOL: (You lot type too fast, this statement makes no sense now :roll: )

Anyhoo, I'm actually a middle class chap from the gentle environs of Midlothian, well versed in polite conversation and the above sentence was only derived from my experiences of Dundee and Glasgow.............and who am I kidding, my home town of Bonnyrigg :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

We'd be delighted to see you LGF, come and see some proper hills ;)

It says a lot about Bonnyrigg that you were lured away by the bright lights of Loanheid. :D

Enid_Puceflange":1nko2b1d said:
Taking L.G.F out for a hilly cycle and you will need a couple of trailors on the bikes for his "Skip Findings" :LOL:

G

You also need to remember in his part of the world a hilly cycle is having to go up a ramp to get onto the pavement.

Back