FS:1990 Klein Attitude

They do seem to be cropping up fairly frequently now. 645 was a very good price - a lot less than I paid for mine a year or so ago...!

But I probably overpaid in my eagerness to get me mitts on one...!

They do ride nicely but I've not got mine completed sufficiently to compare it to the Pace which is my benchmark. Very hard though - especially with the HUGE rigid forks...!

Just checked out the Red Pace, That's one striking bike. It's an overused phrase but they really don't make em like that anymore do they.

Simple effective design well executed is far more appealing than sophisticated I think but I'm of simple taste. :D

^^^

Why thankyou sir!

It's actually about to be stripped down and rebuilt.

swapping out the hollowtech cranks and bb for a royce ti b/b and middleburn cranks with a gold unused 52 tooth Pace chainring which I've been thinking about fitting but didn't have any 110BCD cranks...

The shifers and f / r mechs are coming off too...

The rear wheel is being replaced with a red Ringle & Mavic 231 with a single sprocket...

The rear dropouts are going to be replaced with some horizontal ones and...

we're going single speed!

(and a bit more era correct parts-wise...)

Will be posting up pics when complete!

Hello !
The bike is in France, with all the 1990 shimano XT parts !
And it's working fine !

klein05cs1.jpg

klein01dz4.jpg

klein02dj5.jpg

klein04op3.jpg
klein03db4.jpg

klein06so3.jpg

Love that bike!

It's true that some of these went to yuppies and rich kids back in the old days and never saw mud but now they're ending up where they belong.. with true fans :D
Hope one ends up in my garage one day!

Yeah, me too, they seem to be averaging about £500 now, which is a tad more reasonable.

WOW !!!

I missed this sale :(

I would have bought that bike without a thought, wonderful.

Look at those dropouts !!!

I have send you a PM. I hope you have old pictures ! ;)
I love to know the story of bikes I buy !

Back