Avid Arch Supreme owner's manual

Octsoc

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Does anyone have one you can share? I got a used set recently and they came with a bunch of thin washers. I have no idea where they're supposed to go. Thanks

I think they should go between the cartridge bearings and the bolts that fit the brakes to the frame/forks?

yup, if Simon hasn't - i do still. Found it at the weekend.

And Sylvain's right there is a washer that sits on the frame brake boss behind the bearing and the brake unit in general. Stops the bearings wearing against the nasty hard dirty boss etc.

let me know if you need a copy of the manual.

Haven't heard form Simon, so please send me the file. I have 6 thin washers for two brakes, I am curious to know if there two are extras or I am missing two to go under the top caps. Anyway, appreciate your help.

Wu-Tangled":3ciezulg said:
yup, if Simon hasn't - i do still. Found it at the weekend.

And Sylvain's right there is a washer that sits on the frame brake boss behind the bearing and the brake unit in general. Stops the bearings wearing against the nasty hard dirty boss etc.

let me know if you need a copy of the manual.

they are really thin and quite large for the size of their hole.

definately one on each brake boss before you slide the brake onto the frame.

The bolts have a slight flat edge to them too which sort of seats quite nicely/ covers the bearing a little when you bolt them on. Slide them on carefully too as they can flex and twist fairly easily and the nut that does the arch up and undoes it (by hand) isn't that strong.

Only other thing to watch is that the wire retension wires behind the brake don't get caught on the tyre knobbles when you undo them and wheel the bike anywhere as they mis shape wuite easily if so and do tend to get caught when it's all undone.

but excellent brakes none the less. Almost the best V's ever IMO, but Ultimates are more powerful by a touch.

I'll bring it in tomorrow and scan it and email you it. Or I can pop a photocopy in the post if you pm me your address (probably better as it's quite small print etc.)

:)

I've now found the manual (wasn't where I thought it would be) - did anyone want and electronic scan or a photocopy of it?

Back