Yorkshire Dales

I'll certainly call on you guys next year for a little local knowledge. We could have a good ride over that way- even get some of those smelly Lancastrians over for the day.

Myself, Brocklanders and beavis know this area very well but to do that ride in one hit must have hurt like a bas**rd. :shock:

Skipton and Settle are the bigger towns, Gargrave, Malham smaller villages but do have B&B's and Camping but get booked up quickly.

All good bases to start from though.

I remember family camping trips in and around Hawes ( a name that gave both me and my kid brother hours of fun). It was a long time ago but I do remember them with fondness. What's it like these days and is there good riding to be had there?

Dr S":30ok0t3y said:
I remember family camping trips in and around Hawes ( a name that gave both me and my kid brother hours of fun). It was a long time ago but I do remember them with fondness. What's it like these days and is there good riding to be had there?

Hawes is still a lovely place. Me and the Mrs were up there a few weeks ago. My parents took there caravan up there last week. do you remember the huge slide in the park opposite the rope place. Had hours of fun in that park. :LOL:

I have a book of rides for round there so will have a look.

Sounds perfect. Spring would be a good time. Gets pretty grim in the colder months for a night out. Does make for good riding if there is a hard frost though??

I will look up some b&b's and Campsites for Hawes. There's a blumming good cafe as well but gets really busy with bikers (motor kind) on wkends.

http://www.kudubikes.co.uk/ is based in Hawes so could give them a shout for some good rides. ;)

Happy to help setting up any rides round here ;) We know a good loop around Skipton that might be worth trying out? Think it's about 22 miles. Otherwise any of the areas mentioned would be ace and on the border of our red rose chums so good for an inter-section meet. :D

Back