Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #23 Marin Team Ti

• #24 Ibis Alibi

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sinnett177":3syjpvmd said:
A fantastic collection of bikes there and all 'riders' too. Some really rare and pretty looking bikes to choose from. However, as this competition is for Bike of The Ride i'll be voting for the Marin Muirwoods and all its rusty 200GS, which stalked all the exotic frames and components around the harsh Yorkshire Moors and Forests all day long and still wanted more at the finish. Well done to the owner/rider, retrobikes proved to me you don't need a modern bike and now you've proved to me that you don't need the finest bikes from bitd to have a great time.

That's my bike that is! But it didn't finish because I had to cycle down to Malton to get the train to Skipton, so I left after the pub. On my way back I stopped at the bike shop in Pickering near the cross roads and when the owner asked what I was riding he came out to have a look and when he saw it was a 1991 one he dragged his Yoofs out of the shop and told them "That's older than you that is" and then started explaining arcane technology to them like quill stems and Biopace chain rings.

I liked the Oranges, but couldn't choose between them so I went for the one that was first on the list. Also liked number 20, the Fat Chance with anodized end caps; God is in the details!

wow great selection of bikes, im torn between the clockwork and the alpine stars TI mega but they all look fantastic

also, in pic 14 fire mountain - is that Brocklanders getting his seat post higher ready for the pic :LOL: i see you dude!

This very very tough, torn between one of my dream bikes the Saracen Kili and Chris's Trek 9000. Being a previous owner of the Trek I guess I'm slightly biased but the I know how much work he put into the build including sorting that dodgy rear shock and the way it performed on Saturday which either means the rumours about these are wrong or Chris is a riding god :LOL:

Every bike in the poll is fantastic imho but I have made my decision ;)

Rich Aitch... You live near Skipton then mate? If so you should get in contact if you fancy a ride out. :cool:

Blindside... Nah, I'll be raising it to riding position after the picture! :oops: ;)

Been thinking about the vote all day as there really was some lovely bikes. Decided in the end to pick the one that if it was in my size I'd take home given the chance over all the others. Has to be Si's Yo as it's simply stunning up close. :D

i have gone for chris's trek. he has put a lot of effort into that machine (as i am sure most people have) but having seen it evolve i am more drawn to it.

i used to have a poster of a 9000 on my wall in my youth too!

Last few days to vote people. Poll ends at noon on Saturday. Winner gets to choose between a years magazine subscription or a RetroBike Jersey.

Back