BOTM September 07 - Single Speed machines !!

FirstFlight":ucmt5rj0 said:
This is the second single-speed specific bike made by Paul @ Rock Lobster. I haven't seen much in the way of earlier single speed bikes (other than converted BMX cruiser style bikes).

...other than coaster bikes you mean ;-)

I will toss the 1936 Bomber in again, just for SnG - it's my office bike right now since my town bike got turned into a kiddo hauler. Original pre-war Morrow hub with "20T" sprocket (skip-tooth, it's really got ten teef like a true meth head), inch pitch chain, "52T" sweetheart chainring - beefy.

36_tf01.jpg

I've had some nice comments about "Kermit" the Kona so
I'll enter him for a laugh. Only one ride old in this form but ...it's a singlespeed all the same, and a one off :D

Attachments

• kona1speed.JPG
    kona1speed.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,945
Hi Guys
Being a newbie, just wondered how I would enter for BOTM (wont be this month as I'm not a single speeder), and how I vote for other peeps rides??
I'm a bit confused! :? :? :?
Cheers in advance!

Hollister,i have just awoke and loged on this morning.Wow thats sweet brother!

Are you married? Only ask cos i know a good lawyer who may be able to get me your bike in a pre nup!

Cheers,Al. Not gay or out, cornwall.

Clock'work in progress'

I'm sure bikes without chains don't count but what the heck . . . here's my Clock'work in progress' . . .

yoo501.jpg

yoo502.jpg

. . . still waiting for the postman (orange toestrap end buttons, little Onza porc decals, stem bolt, b/b axle nuts - damn cranks kept falling off as I was taking the pics ;) . . . oh, and a gold chain). I'm sure Gil will be able to sort me out with a cool 90s decal set.

Big thanks to Al for the frame, forks and stem and Jez for the rear tyre :D

That looks sweet mama ! You were right about the the stem fork combo looks great.

All the best,Al

Back