Marin Team Titanium 1999

Thanks for all the appreciation so far.

Although local (read flat) trails have helped me 'bed in' the niggles from the build, I needed to get out on the big stuff, so this afternoon, was spent on every inch of gisburn forest.

5 mins in and I got a puncture from a thorn, so repaired that and then really it was faultless throughout the rest.

DSC01660.jpg

New sintered pads were bedding in the new discs nicely. Takes a while for them to warm up, but then they're fine. They were getting sharper and more responsive as the afternoon went on.

As the trail was very dry, it made for a very fast ride, and those tyres aren't really best for dry hardpack and rock, so a little scary at times.. I had a great time with her and really loved the feel and feedback from the bike. The trail has some uncomfortable sections where the big sharp rocks are above the quarry, and this bike really isn't suited to that. However, on the old worn, smoother singletrack, this was uncatchable - a combination of knowing the trail like I built it, and a bike that felt more alive the harder you pushed it.

The M953 XTR is amazing when compared to previous Shimano offerings. It performs so smoothly, quickly and accurately v's the M900 stuff.

I love all my bikes, but this one is special. In fact I'm besotted!

Here's a few photos just to update the thread.

The toadstool was real and bloody massive!

DSC01661.jpg

DSC01663.jpg

DSC01662.jpg

DSC01664.jpg

sastusbulbas":1i3bnzq0 said:
I thoughht that frame was a Sandvik model? It has sandvik spec welding and the chainstay and seatstays are capped in an identical fashion as the Sandvik model Deans Kona's and American Classics?

Ti Sports=Sandvik?

This is what I've read, as well.

nice!!! whats the end weight expected to be?

Is it the Ultimate Marin ti Frame - no rear brake guide or cable guides?

Ti

That is one classy build :D

All the parts looks so well together.

I take my hat off to you, you know how to build a very nice bike. :cool:

that is one sweet marin! I love how the carbon use looks with the pace up front. And the fact that you owned the Cooks from new is really cool too.
I only think the stem is a bit too short, but that may be your preference.
2 questions, just for my knowledge:
are the 517 rims first produced in 97? I'd like to know, cause I have a nos set of CD's.
And what's the AC length of a RC-36?
Thanks!

Amazing build..

Pure quality.

Isn't the brake caliper supposed too be behind the fork leg though?? :?
Seems a bad idea, that much pulling torsion on carbon..

do you have to invert the bolts of the seatpost?

it looks like the front of the saddle is a little bit too high!?

anyway: great build!

;-)

Back