I need a 17 ideally or an 18. Budget well no real idea. I've not seen a fully built on sale in forever. I had a mtrax ti 4000 nos sell for around 250 a year or so back.

But really the nostalgia is deep with the cindercone. I don't want to build one up, just want to ride one....

Colinmac":2ra48bnd said:
I need a 17 ideally or an 18. Budget well no real idea. I've not seen a fully built on sale in forever. I had a mtrax ti 4000 nos sell for around 250 a year or so back.

But really the nostalgia is deep with the cindercone. I don't want to build one up, just want to ride one....

There was a 1990 Splatter with Suntour XCD that sold on ebay a couple of weeks ago, went for £122 and was a size 18, strong money for a 20 year old bike.
I'll quantify the reasoning for strong money as a 1991 Muddyfox Sorcerer Mega only made £72 at the weekend and a 1989 Sorcerer made £90 a week before. The Sorcerer was a similar level to the Cindercone.

Carl.

See if you can look into it. It may be a bit too dear for me - but the XCD one from '90 was the very model I would have longed for....

If I'd damn well seen that I'd have been bidding. If I said that I'd happily stretch to 180 or 200 say, I'm hopeful I can add one to my brood.

sinnerman":3dm5sxyt said:
drcarlos":3dm5sxyt said:
Colinmac":3dm5sxyt said:

There was a 1990 Splatter with Suntour XCD that sold on ebay a couple of weeks ago, went for £122 and was a size 18, strong money for a 20 year old bike.
I'll quantify the reasoning for strong money as a 1991 Muddyfox Sorcerer Mega only made £72 at the weekend and a 1989 Sorcerer made £90 a week before. The Sorcerer was a similar level to the Cindercone.

Carl.

i saw that one, it did look tired though, but it was cheap, but it did need refinishing in places, lots of the parts were wrong,......i suppose its what you want really , if you want a cheap bike with the right geometry, it would be fine, but if you wanted a minter, that was fully serviced and race ready shall we say, that was pristine enough to hang on the wall like art, as well as ride, id say you would need to spend a lot more than that, ,,, bere in mind a lot of privateer racers used then back then, and because of the history behind them, there is almost and underground cult following for them.....my advice buy one before they become extinct, and if it needs resurrecting to its former glory.....do it, and enjoy doing it.......its well worth it... :D

This one didn't look that tired and looked like it was correct part wise, even down to the crappy x-press self destructing shifters! I've seen a lot worse advertised.

Carl.

I was that 'privateer racer' on a stock 1990 splatter Cinder cone...

Hence my need is great. I'm happy to compromise if I can't find a shiny one, and buy a nice M-Trax (which is what I replaced the cinder cone with) but I'd rather my Kona, since my original sat in my lounge opposite my sofa and I just dribbled over it a LOT... :oops:

Latest posts

Back