I think A-Pro might have made Marin frames in the early 90s, but I wouldn't put money on it :) Sometimes there's a stamp in the dropouts that'll tell you. There was another manufacturer that made loads of different stuff but I've forgotten the name.

(I'm in the UK).

Nope, possibly buying one reserved for me at the moment pending the conversation.
Have come close to buying 3 bike in 3 weeks with the first one being a TBG Cindercone which I remember getting a great review from MBUK BITD. Thought it would complment my Kula nicely, but if I am honest it wasn't enough of a 'want' to justify the expense at the time, though now reading this thread that maybe changing.

Carl.

sinnerman":34qca6fi said:
drcarlos":34qca6fi said:
Nope, possibly buying one reserved for me at the moment pending the conversation.
Have come close to buying 3 bike in 3 weeks with the first one being a TBG Cindercone which I remember getting a great review from MBUK BITD. Thought it would complment my Kula nicely, but if I am honest it wasn't enough of a 'want' to justify the expense at the time, though now reading this thread that maybe changing.

Carl.

i know what is like ref buying bikes, lol......with ref to getting yourself a cinder cone, buy, it, build it, ride it, i have a few different bikes retro and modern, and those early konas still ride right, and still looks good today, my first ride out, after them seeing daylight after 15 years or so was a month or so ago..... a load of us were on a retro ride one evening , just messing about, like we did back in the day, we bumped into a few of the fellas, from my bike shop days that still ride, and i havnt seen for way over ten years, and they couldnt believe it....we spent as much time talking as riding......lol.......the tbg certainly got it right back then, i would recommend the ride to anyone......they should be on the retro cool wall thats for sure......... :cool:

I need to find some local retrobikers, my best mate who I would have gone riding with is now out in Afgan for a year so I am alone as far as ride partners go. At the moment I am happy having the choice between modern and Retro and like to ride both for different reasons.
The Explorer has come up at a time when I psycologically have the money for it, it's one I always wanted and ticks a lot of want boxes too (Suntour Group, Old, Slack angles, Tange Frame, U-brake and did I mention Suntour Group? :)) . The Next purchase is a long way off as it's a biggie, a Yeti FRO with XT or an Attitude in Dolomite with XC-Pro or Campag, I reckon it will cost me about a grand and will be only an occasional rider.
Kona's are nice, I love the designs and my Kula is great but they don't evoke the feelings that some of the other stuff does and I have to be realistic with limited space, time and money.

Carl.

Can i just add the comment to the thread that im looking for a really REALLY nice Cinder cone, should someone need some space in the shed :D

Back