The Big Dirty Weekender Aftermath Thread

Nice one chaps, thoroughly enjoyed it so thanks to all and especially Gil and Dr S. :D

Highs were a great ride on the Saturday, meeting some cool retroriders and getting asked for i.d at Tesco on the way down (I'm 34).

Lows - getting soaked, Flite Titanium turned out to be hard as rock and a strange memory loss come Sunday a.m :oops: :LOL:

Good skills to the singlespeeders and the big rig rider, unbelievable stamina!

Can't wait for the next one!

p.s sweet hat Pete :cool:

I plotted the route onto Memory Map today and it turns out the route was 27.8 miles in total and you don't want to see the Elevation Profile :shock:

Well done to you all for getting round ;)

i to would like to thank drs and gil for organising a top weekend,the effort you all put in was outstanding!! big thankyou.

well,my little report,got up far to early saturday after spending friday night stripping my xr2 engine instead of sorting the trek and getting beer etc lol.the drive up was fantastic,empty motorway and sweet A and B roads ;) .met chrisv40 and ben in the car park and we made our way to the camp site,was impressed with the friendlyness of everyone :D and the quality of bikes on display.said our hellos and made our way up get bikes and cange for the days ride.

after breakfast in the local gaff,which was surprising good we had a head count and photo and made our way oop moors.WOW!!! havent rode stuff like that since i left plymouth and was in a very nice place riding the singletrack with a great bunch of people.the ups were great ,the downs were even better and i really enjoyed every part of the ride.

after the ride we got cleaned up etc and started the beer and bbq fun,cheers to gil for sharing his bbq and cheers for the retro goodies up for sale and for karma.

a special thankyou goes to mark,drs and ed for supply and organising the trials comp,i was well stoked to have won the poo bahs and drS was a well worthy contenter :cool:

the pub after was a nice affair,a small group of us went to the pub and chatted for ages and it was so nice to let on that me n the wife are expecting our first child and was toasted :D the walk back seemed to take ages and was way to dark lol.the rest blurred into a drunkish,noisy haze ;)

i only took a few pics so will post them later but all i can say is thankyou again to everyone,you all made it a special weekend and if anyone thinks theyd like to come next year..........youd be mad not to,ill be there :D

Si, export as GPS data and the in can go on to the online places like map-may-ride and similar (someday I'll figure how to get it onto bing's OS maps). Actually that would be good as I might know where we've been then :LOL: to busy riding.
If you cannot do that then email me the memorymap file and I can do it

or just do a screen dump, paste into MS Paint, save as jpg and upload to your image host of choice: Ghetto job :LOL:

Press the button that says 'Prt Scrn' or 'Print screen' up in the top right hand corner of the keyboard. This takes a picture of whatever's on your screen right at that moment. The go into MS Paint or other image editing software and Paste. You can then crop the bit you need and save as a jpg image.

Back