OH MY GOD I DON'T BELIEVE I'M IN HERE

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
It's a passing fancy im sure :shock:
But out of interest,without committing myself to anything....er..What size of frame would somebody need
Height at 6'3" ,i/leg 34"+ a bit,big long arms and a bad back

christsake dyna,get a grip, you buy a pair of roadie shoes and start thinking about road bike,what is happening to me??!!......This must be what it's actually like to lose it......You start to slip with slick tyres on an mtb and before long its rigid forks and the end's in sight

dyna-ti":58t25hcw said:
But out of interest,without committing myself to anything....er..What size of frame would somebody need

christsake dyna,get a grip, you buy a pair of roadie shoes and start thinking about road bike,what is happening to me??!!......This must be what it's actually like to lose it......You start to slip with slick tyres on an mtb and before long its rigid forks and the end's in sight

Kind of difficult to say depending on how far you want to haunch over the bars (or not) given your bad back. Prolly looking at a 24" frame, 25" would be better as the longer headtube would raise the bars up a bit & you wouldn't need so much seatpost sticking out. Obviously you can get longer quill stems for older bikes with short reaches to bring you more upright like these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHROME-STEEL-STEM ... 2308846adf
HTH

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
dyna-ti":1ftxb8d0 said:

Well, I have a 1980 Peugeot PKN10 (one model down from the famous PX10 pro model) with a 25 1/4 inch frame. I have just bought a 23 inch frame as the 25 1/4 was always too large for me. If you are interested, have a look at this thread with pics of the bike: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ght=stolen
and send me a mail if you are interested in the frame - I will swap the components over to the new frame in the next two weeks.
simonduvalsmith@hotmail.com

i pop in from time to time. Just to see what i'm not missing out on :LOL: 26'' fat tires rule :cool: :LOL:

dyna-ti":entu86oc said:

I am 6'3" and 34" inseam...sleeve length is 43 Euro if that helps

I ride a 63 cm road bike with a slightly longer top tube 61.5 cm
This is a custom build - most 63cm frames have a shorter TT
my stem is 130mm

My suggestion is to start with a 62 or 63cm frame...compare the top tube lengths and see which one works for you. if you are in california i have a couple you can try :cool:

Im going to visit my favorite wheel builder -Wheelcraft :cool:
Due to him being on some sort of well known circuit the place is roadie central
He has many nice road frames and with all the road cyclists i should be able to pick up the right frame fr the right price.And i can get fitted out there for frame sizes.
Either way its going to be a garden gate :LOL:
Still not sure whether to b uy a whole bike to start with and take it from there or to start with the frame and build it up over time

Back