Before and after

It's going to be for my commuter...so I'm thinking how I'd feel if someone with X colour bike pulled up next to me at the lights.

White is out of the question I'm afraid, you're right it would look good but I rather be riding then cleaning....Although most of the time it will have slicks on I also want to use it off road

Also trying to make it distinctive without being scary :roll:

So far I'm thinking:
Blue: RAL 5002 or RAL 5022
Purple: RAL 4006
Yellow: RAL 1018

Blue was my fav....but just thinking bright yellow with black cables, black slicks, silver rims...might look a bit special...or just bright! :D

or just getting a blue as close a blue reflective tape (think police blue) so that in the dark, cars will notice me....I know what happens to my driving when I see reflective blue in the distance on a dark night!!! :LOL:

Kool Tool

That looks so Kool, you have beaten me to it with the colour scheme, I have just stripped a 653 tubed steel Merlin and was pondering on said Kermit green paint job!
I think Red Ano' parts look the biz with bright Green. What are the ratio's you are you running like? I was feeling a two speed using one of the twin jockey tensoners and a 32/24 or 26 front set up?

Thanks!
I was thinking of maybe some anno Purple skewers, bottle bolts and crank bolts. for a hint of pimp retro :) . I run a 36 at the front and 16 rear.
This gear set up was fine for me this morning on its maiden voyage or should I say "flight" :shock: my God it was quick! I did have to work hard on the longer climbs but I've been riding Downhill for the last couple of years, so my climbing legs are'nt up to full power just yet.
Descending on it was great fun though, I'd forgotton how much a butted steel frame flexes and how fast you pick up speed.
Very please with it :D

Not so Retro

There's something of a Retro revolution going on at the mo' loads of mainstream manufacturers are getting back into making Steel hardtails, but there are only a few who have it right yet? Skinny 853 or Tange infinity or Ti of course is the way forward. I even have had two bike shop owners say to me this week that Steel is the next big thing, even younger riders are becoming fed up with the weight and non aerodynamic riding positions of modern suss bikes!!
I recently "went back" to Retro and now my main bike is a Raleigh Torus XT Ti and for the same effort on any of my standard rides from one hour to all day, my times are 25 percent quicker, than with the modern stuff I had evolved into.
OK you need 4 inch plus at either end to ride some of the lary rock garden stuff, but what's the point?: loads of repairs and broken bones! Many of the top pro riders have more Titanium in their legs now than on their bikes! I am no wimp, but weeks off work means no noney coming in!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yep thems the boys who did my kermit Kona. :)
very good service.
Mine was done within 24 hours! then he texted me a picture of it to say it was done.
I'll be taking my other bike there definitely.

Back