• Twist - fit the Pacentis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ferrit

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Snapped up these Pacenti crowned (Rawland-esque)29er forks a few months back with the idea of using them on another 29er build, but that isnt going to happen now. They are bonny looking plate/bi-plane crowned curve bladed with disc mounts.

I now dont know what to do with them, I trial fitted them to my swift and whilst they are lovely things I am not sure they suit the frame. The a2c is near as damn it (-5mm) and the trail looks identical, so shouldnt stuff up the handling.

Maybe its because they arent sprayed up in the same blue as the swift or maybe the original forks just suit it better.

The original fork
Summer2010builds102.jpg

Summer2010builds105.jpg

The Pacenti crowned affairs
DSC00455.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

DSC00458.jpg

Now you know that i'm a fan of the original forks on my swift, but those do have some lovely detailing. Would it be possible to match the legs to the swifts blue then the crown and detailing to the same cream as the decals? think that would look pretty special. Otherwise stick with the originals i think.

My paint guy could quite easily do something along the lines your talking about Mark. Similar to these?

3126666244_ed744cdd0f.jpg

PCD-MTB_Crown202.jpg

but I am still not sure about these, I think I might just sell them on.

If the forks on the Swift are as good as the ones that I have on the Hummingbird then I'd just stick with the Singular forks.
I can't fault mine.

Andy the originals are ace I dont know why I keep buggering about with it.

I have binned the idea of puttinf the Pacentis on it and will probably just sell them on as i dont have another 29er to put them on at the moment.

Back