PDM Concorde

rusty bodie":1n60zpca said:
yes, the astore was the cheaper version of the squadra using columbus aelle tubing and not the SLX. we sold a few of them back in the 80s -around 1986 i think. i doubt if the PDM ever used them, aelle being the basic tubing but interesting that you mention it was fitted with c -record so maybe i'm wrong! lovely frame in any case :)

Yeah, that's what I thought... In fact it says Aelle R. Is that different from the normal Aelle?

The previous owner said he had some connections with PDM and he always got tubulars from them.
He also had a metallic blue Squadra with full Super Record with lots of Concorde pantographing.

i can't honestly remember the difference between the two tube sets - i'd imagine that aelle "R" was probably stronger (reinforced) and certainly the successor to the standard aelle tubing.
a blue squadra with super record? now that's got to be some bike!!

Hi all. I've just purchased a Concorde Colombo in PDM colours and it has a mysterious signature on the top tube. 'R De Schuymer' is inscribed in gold, seemingly over the top of the lacquer. Can anyone shed any light on who this mysterious character might be? As discussed in the thread previous, the Colombo is obviously much lower spec than the Squadra so it's pretty unlikely the team ever went near it. Any ideas?

spuddha":3jkao7w2 said:
Hi all. I've just purchased a Concorde Colombo in PDM colours and it has a mysterious signature on the top tube. 'R De Schuymer' is inscribed in gold, seemingly over the top of the lacquer. Can anyone shed any light on who this mysterious character might be? As discussed in the thread previous, the Colombo is obviously much lower spec than the Squadra so it's pretty unlikely the team ever went near it. Any ideas?

i have no idea i'm afraid - i googled the name and came up with nothing linked to cycling. perhaps just the owner of the bike prior to yourself? can you post some photos up please?

rusty

Back