crank.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2,828
  • front end.jpg
    front end.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2,828
  • front fork details.jpg
    front fork details.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 2,828
Suggest you contact Geoff Apps and GrahamJohnWallace through this forum for more information on what you have there... you've had a lucky day for sure!

Mr K

that is one awesome bit of history there: you can ask them question here is there stie:
http://www.highpath.net/

Your may be a leter model with that flat bar but its hard to tell as those guy can custom build you almost anything!!

:shock: .........Speechless.

That is one awesome find.
I'll be honest & say: I really, really, REALLY want that bike!!

I love the fork design and some of the other details.
It looks like it has the DWS drum brake:
http://www.63xc.com/dws/hubbrake.htm

I agree with the earlier comments:
It deserves to be rebuilt PROPERLY. And then USED.

* Get some advice from the members mentioned above before you do ANYTHING to it.
* DO NOT get tempted to strip parts off it or lose irreplaceable bits behind the sofa.
* DO NOT swap any of the components for shiny "better" modern parts or "tidy up" the original paintwork or decals.

BUT, once you have taken proper advice and fixed it up with APPROPRIATE parts... you need to ride it for miles through the deepest, muddiest bog you can find.

one-eyed_jim":2khiwzok said:
What an amazing find!

Do you know how the vendor came by it?

Seems tobe a real lucky one for sure. I have mailed the guy I bought if off to try and shed some light on it's history etc. I'll post what I find out as soon as I get any info.

DM":1cvzot92 said:
:shock: .........Speechless.

That is one awesome find.
I'll be honest & say: I really, really, REALLY want that bike!!

I love the fork design and some of the other details.
It looks like it has the DWS drum brake:
http://www.63xc.com/dws/hubbrake.htm

I agree with the earlier comments:
It deserves to be rebuilt PROPERLY. And then USED.

* Get some advice from the members mentioned above before you do ANYTHING to it.
* DO NOT get tempted to strip parts off it or lose irreplaceable bits behind the sofa.
* DO NOT swap any of the components for shiny "better" modern parts or "tidy up" the original paintwork or decals.

BUT, once you have taken proper advice and fixed it up with APPROPRIATE parts... you need to ride it for miles through the deepest, muddiest bog you can find.

Thanks for the encouraging advice and info. Think you are right about the hubs.

Luckily I work for a motorcycle mechanics and trials riding charity www.ruts.org.uk so have full workshop facilities and I'm used to working on old and rare motorbikes.

I intend to get the Highpath back into use and will keep it as oriinal as is possible. I'll take any advice on what would be appropriate parts to fit where the originals are missing.

As I'm on holiday this week I'm going to get it stripped down, catalogued and cleaned up.

cheers,

Pete

Back