Dusk 'til Dawn 2010 - 2nd / 3rd October

The Bad News

Our bike friendly CFO has had a change of job, he is now head of strategy and other stuff, which means he is no longer incharge of the marketing budget. Sorry guys, I did try. Promised a top 20 finish, coverage in the national press, pictures of Dan dressed as a lady-boy but didn't work.

This means that they will not sponsor our entry for the race. Anyone else have a friendly employer, rich uncle, robbed a bank recently?

Right then, any movement on this? would be nice to have a couple of teams enterd or even a few people turn up to drink tea and heckel the racers. For the love of god don't make me do it alone ..... :oops:

an update so far

the 4 man team of Jango, neil_j, chris and myself are now entered

and soloist average mark is entered too :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Average Mark":1xc6jmtr said:
Bonus, you like making me sweat thinking i was on my tod! :cool:

Just thinking about what you are going to do makes my knees hurt. How's the training going?

Pretty good i think. Managing a good few miles both offroad and on a road bike. Just trying to get in big rides a couple of times a week really. Basicly build on Mayhem and i should be ok i reckon. Will just be alot better with a few bods to heckle and encourage me on the way round. Possibly with a big pointy stick after 6 hours :oops:

Now that we're on the registered entries list, its time for the bad news - unfortunately my brother can't make the race any more.

He is changing jobs the week before the race, but had organised to start a week later so he could make the race. Now they want him on a training course in Florida, getting back on the Saturday morning of race weekend so no way he'd be able to do the race.

Absolutely typical timing, and he's miffed he'll miss it, but not much we can do.

So, we're on the lookout for a fourth rider for our team. Anyone interested?

Back