Zaskar re-issue !!!

I had one after my Orange Prestige and they were like chalk and cheese. One was alive, made you want to ride mile after mile and climb all day. The other gave little feedback, was a harsh ride even on Judy's my fillings would fall out. That said I loved it, it was the forerunner to the present hardcore hardtail phenomenon and I hammered mine regularly.
This was mine with an unusual mix of components I put on before I sold it.

RRP is deffo too high. given how poorly the anniversary replica stumpy sold I'd guess the limited numbers are due to lack of demand. certainly a mint zasker was on STW recently for £80..
geometry offset? from a UK mindset zaskers were 1 of the original jumpbikes before spooky noticed the niche. whenever I saw a zasker was more likely to have a 4in orange marzoke Z1 on the front! :LOL:

Rode my zaskar back in 97 with Z1 Bombers, really did not make a differance to the geometry. Interestingly I still have the same frame and run some rigid GT forks on it (420mm Crown to Axle Height) and it just leans forward a bit. Fine for the duties it has now.

Hmm, I agree that the price is quite steep, but I do hope to see more of these repro bikes comming back into the scene! Good Move GT! Its so refreshing after a decade of that current new school 'GT Look' :p

There is one on the german ebay. 1299,- euro.
# Hand welded in the USA
# Aluminium 6061
# Polished material
# Limited numbers (500 worldwide, 80 for Germany, every shop allowed to order max 2)
# Geometry changed for 100mm forks
# IS 2000 Disc mount (no Canti studs!!! )
# Framesizes M and L (47 und 50cm)
# 3 Sticker Sets
# Authentication certificate
# Photo und autograph from welder.

But hust a bit much money. :(

I've just bought a new Avalanche Expert.......sorry! :LOL:

Think I'm going to polish up my mid-90's RTS 2 and start caining that again. After discovering Retrobike today I've got all sentimental about old school bikes 'n stuff!

This website rocks! :D

There are something wrong with the new frame,

-It should have the same geometry as the original frame in 92
-It should be U-brake only (I mean it is supposed to be a replica)
-Price should go down 300

erkan":30fp3adr said:

I agree with you on all counts

erkan":2h8unoq0 said:

Agree apart fom the U-brake thing, mine is a '93 and they had moved to canti mounts by then. U-brakes died a death for a reason, lets not re-introduce kit just because its 'old'.

Should defo have the same geometry though.

Latest posts

Back