The Big Dirty Weekender Aftermath Thread

Re: bdw 2

orange71":3f4yusnf said:
where's the pictures of the ants? :LOL:
oops once i had shown the mrs i got my revenge on them and deleted it sorry :oops:

:) Good to see you boys had a great time ,all safe and well I hope.. .... did ed have another off.. ? snapped seatpost or ? ? :LOL: :LOL: ... Really missed not be able to go this year,, :( ,, Look forward to more pics and write ups.. :)

Sithlord":86jhcdux said:
:) Good to see you boys had a great time ,all safe and well I hope.. .... did ed have another off.. ? snapped seatpost or ? ? :LOL: :LOL: ... Really missed not be able to go this year,, :( ,, Look forward to more pics and write ups.. :)

I fell off lots of times... :oops: :LOL:. I think the one where the tree stopped me falling in the hole was best. Left the best witness mark on my arm anyway....

Thanks to the good Dr and Gil for organising, no thanks to the pub that was closed on a Saturday lunchtime but big thanks to the next pub who realised that beer and sandwiches for 30 might make them a bit of money.

Biggest thanks to all who turned up to make it a fun (if noisy) weekend :D

Just incase anyone was def and not aware of what happened after 1am.
Here are a couple of pics. :roll:

The love birds at the fire just about pi**ed.

The love birds rolling around on the floor cuddling each other at 3am ish, completely wan*ard.

Had to stay up just to make sure they didn't end up in the river or the fire.

I also have videos as well. ;) ;)

Attachments

• DSC00480.JPG
    DSC00480.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,794
  • DSC00473.JPG
    DSC00473.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,794
I would love to post pics but Flickr has been 'improved' this weekend to the point that I can't work out how to post pics :twisted: :roll:

Wow, what a top weekend. Great to see so many retro bikers old and new enjoying the organisation of Dr S and Gil.

Firstly a big thanks to Si and Gil for organising such a great event , its humbling to see the efforts people go to for our enjoyment.

Secondly, what a ride. The route was excellent, definitely something for everyone there. I’m sure many of those in attendance will be back to sample more of the North Yorkshire Moors. I think we all did really well, very few mechanicals and good endurance from all. My favourite section was the moor land single track on the way out, it rode really well and fast too.

Thirdly, thanks to the good sports Si and Longun, who took part in our spontaneous trails comp. Longun the eventual winner, taking home a NOS pair of size 11 Nike Poobahs for his troubles (generously donated by OrangeEd71).

Finally I took quite a few photos, here are a few and the rest are available on the link below:

2010_0807bdw0015.jpg

2010_0807bdw0041.jpg

2010_0807bdw0007.jpg

http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq25 ... /BDW%20II/

Other highlights:

- The Friday night Pub ride, we went to an amazing pub down in the valley.
- Beavis and Brocklander’s big night out, you won’t remember it guys but it was funny.
- Mr K’s little fall.
- The pint of blonde in the mid ride pub.
- The no hot food in the pub, then our sandwiches come with chips.
- Mr K’s MBUK ‘Oakley Frogskins’!
- The sunshine after the storm, glorious!
- Hill sprinting with the Guv.
- Showers!! What a difference from last year.
- Judging the best bikes with Ed, that was tough.
- Star gazing with the boys post pub.
- Some great bikes being ridden as intended, a personal highlight was Brocklanders Orange Clockwork, absolute stunner.
- Thanks to Ian and Lee for there fantastic alpinestars karma, a pair of gloves and some sweatbands coming my way.

Only downer is that you don't get the chance to meet everyone properly, but at least now I can put names to faces. Reckon I need to make the effort to get out with ChrisV40, Longun and FC on their Scunthorpe pikey rides :D

Was dreading the trek over to Yorkshire, grumbling mightily at the Pickering steamers clogging my way... but the memories of 3 1/2 hour trip began to fade once we were speeding over the moorlands, leaving the Heartbeat silver stalkers behind. How Ted managed to keep sane after his 8 1/2 hour epic I don't know - dedication beyond the cause!

Went on dissing my Fat Chance for most of the morning ride (including the torrent download!), but as the day went on I began to forgive, realising that changing from bike-to-bike every weekend doesn't make for a settled rider! By the return leg across the heather-strewn moors I had some confidence in throwing it about and even managed to pass a shocked Guvnor on the run in.

Thanks to Gil and Si for the organisation - a good route for such a spectacular turnout - must be a new milestone for Retrobike and a target for the Peaks ride to beat...!

Photos in my gallery section: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=77232

My personal BotR was Longun's Trek 9000 - who won the other awards?

Mr K

Awards were as Follows...

Best Pre 1992 Mr Lee's very original GT Psyclone

Best Post 1992 Brocklanders Stunning Orange Clockwork

Spirit of BDW Award- TedC for the epic 8 hour drive North. Honourable mentions to all who travelled great distances, a really humbling experience!

Mechanical of the day- None of any merit so its a roll over next year ;)

EdOrange's Trials Challenge Award- Longun

Big Dirty Weekender Bike of the Year is to be decided in a poll later this week as soon as i have the pics loaded up.

Thanks again for making BDW another good event, we just start a thread and hope for the best, its you guys that make it so special. See you all on Marks patch next summer for more dirt ;)

Cheers
Si

truly gutted to have missed this. definately going to try for next year - looks like you all had a great laugh.

i was hoping to come up early on sunday morning and get a ride in with you. sadly it was mikef350's stag do in hull. i planned to have a couple of beers and drift off home.

didnt go quite to plan when me and a mate missed the minibus back and ended up dancing the night away and getting in at 4.

see you all next year!

Back