Mr Panda":2pz514iz said:
mine's quite heavy on the splatter :D

DSCN2032.jpg

DSCN2019.jpg

DSCN2015.jpg

DSCN2025.jpg

......must find some decent wheels :cool:

thats a nice one and in my current size......consider selling it?

Re: '88 Cindercone, '89 Explosive TBG Kona's

sinnerman":1hcod2v8 said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: absolutley stuuning bikes....really really always wanted one, i could be wrong with this but, your bike was a handbuilt frame from bristol....and became truly legendary.......but the difference was a handbuilt frame of this type back then was big big bucks, i remember because back then i was 14 and looked into it, ( the whole culture became an obseesion with our gang of racers....shout out to maverick edgey etc,,,)), especailly after seeing them at the malverns, saltrum, blandford forum race events, a similar time to when lenord zinn handbuilt his frames too, and showcased them around the race circuit, the point im trying to make i think, was a cinder cone complete, was the same money as a handbuilt very good quality frame like this......one produced for the humble masses and one was for the middle classes..lol..........you have a real piece of great british mountain biking hitory there........i salute you.....i think in that geometry, it was a late 87/88 model too, but you probably know this....... keep it nice and watch the value increase i rekon... :D :) :p

I'm strictly tongue in cheek - these early TBG Konas are the only ones I like BTW. keep them coming!

Re: '88 Cindercone, '89 Explosive TBG Kona's

sinnerman":rp1egfx9 said:
i did worry that sum rb site users have taken my comments about murray/brodie, kona etc personnally

You worry far too much matey ;)

Since my first MTB was a Kona ('93 cinder Cone), I do have a soft spot for them.. but, if I ever get another (Kona), it's going to have to be one of these earlier ones. . . .

Green Explosif or white Cinder Cone . . . both are smoking my kipper big style :cool:

Even more "Old Tat", :oops:

If you wait till this afternoon, i'll get you a pic with it wearing it's orginal tyres & seatpost. :D Needs a bit of a clean though.

4159667993_14af6c56b4_b.jpg
;)

Back