Here's the pic's of my 91 cinder cone with the TBG sticker on the seat tube by the crank & the Kona sticker on the steerer tube
KTBG002.jpg

KTBG001.jpg

Old dawes

Dude

I cant belive that you posted that picture, that looks like my old Dawes with the Chrome forks, what a machine! That was the first race held in Ernesettle Woods i think, i know we did the Saltram one earlier that year too.

Carl Strugeon too, that was always our nemesis!

I stripped the Star tonight ready to take it back to the painter to make it right. I also took out the other A/Star and took it for a little (single speed) street ride. Its so cool

A decent early Explosif will set you back around £300 judging by what the last few have sold for on here, probably a bit more on ebay..

Here's a selection of mine, now only have the 90 Explosif.. the others went to good RB homes.

1988 Explosif, 1988 Cindercone and 1990 Explosif
main.php

main.php

main.php

The green Explosif is the one I've been hunting for a pic of for a couple of days. . very cool ride :cool: . . . .

What are the flat pedals on the Cinder Cone?

I don't think the Track 2 fork came in until the 1990 (89/90) range.

This is the 1988 (88/9) catalogue.

Attachments

• 1988 brochure outer pages.jpg
    1988 brochure outer pages.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 1,548
  • 1988 brochure inner page.jpg
    1988 brochure inner page.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 1,548
Re: '88 Cindercone, '89 Explosive TBG Kona's

sinnerman":27bc7go0 said:
Big thanks to both Joe Murray and Paul Brodie for the work they did in the early days for the TBG. Without their input, would we have seen sloping top tubes and project 2 forks and this style on our shores quite so early??????

http://s850.photobucket.com/home/Sinnerman_2010/index

Yes:

the_beach_441.jpg

These homegrown frames were produced as early as 1983 ;) :LOL:

Back