Ritchey Softtail

Well some steel soft tails do crack

"I'm not sure how steel can work the same as Ti for this rear end, however, without a pivot point.
Titanium has a very strong fatigue/flex point...did these steel YBB frames ever have a problem with cracking?"

Well I had two sunn exact 998 flex frames (1 a replacement for the first) that both cracked in the chain stay BB weld.........upgraded to an exact ti.... problem solved.......still liked the ride of the steel though.......want another but in HT.

Conrads":ma355vqw said:
"I'm not sure how steel can work the same as Ti for this rear end, however, without a pivot point.
Titanium has a very strong fatigue/flex point...did these steel YBB frames ever have a problem with cracking?"

Well I had two sunn exact 998 flex frames (1 a replacement for the first) that both cracked in the chain stay BB weld.........upgraded to an exact ti.... problem solved.......still liked the ride of the steel though.......want another but in HT.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
What's your weight?
Anyway, I can't help riding it... I would prefer having a crack than having a NOS garage queen...
Cheers,
chus

87-90kgs

So I'm a bit heavy for xc :cry:

But i'm light on my equipment....no jumps etc just xc.........no problems on the exact ti HT.....after 10years use......... :p

Back