Amp fork disc brake adaptor?

Here's the disc tab I did for my eldest's GT i also did the discs themselves out of stainless, more parts can be seen on my website www.3gecomponents.com all these were laser cut but the adaptors will be water jet cut, then milled to provide the correct offset ;)

Attachments

• dsc00040_995.jpg
    dsc00040_995.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 3,676
ishaw":1dmrgioc said:
Those drop outs look brilliant. I hope we can replicate that kind of quality!

Thanks, but truth be told I was probably at my desk surfing the net while they were being cut. ;)

Did them for a friend for his prototype jackshaft DH bike. It eventually morphed into Dark Cycles in Vancouver.

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

Just resurrecting this to see if anyone is genuinely up for making some IS disc tabs for the AMP frames. I'm currently planning my next build and have a lovely amp frame and a lovely set of Hope disc brakes, but without a disc adaptor for the forks and frame, never the twain shall meet.

Cheers

Ian

I'm also hoping for an IS mount to fit on this

DSCF0955.jpg

.......but alas my skill, knowledge and mechanical capability is just not there

disc adapter

I have just been promised the loan of a Hope brake so i'll test the design of my adapter asap and report back.

Ta!

Do let us know how you get on. The mount I bought is not is sadly, but is a fine piece of work, with machining so it fits around the rounded existing mounts perfectly.

Ian

Hi guys,
I'm in the process of rebuilding my 95 Litespeed Obed FS which has an AMP B3 rear. I'm looking to put an IS mount on the rear. Does anyone have the drawings for the adaptor they could send to me, that i can take to a fabricator?

Aaron

Hi Guys,

Here's what I'm planning on making, I'll still need to cost them. They made from alluminium and include the correct offsets so no spacers are required to get the correct spacing for ISO mount calipers. Dimension are all correct, I contacted Brion at AMP who kindly sent over the original drawings. I can also offer replacement discs for AMP mountings.

ATB

John

Attachments

• AMP ISO brackets.jpg
    AMP ISO brackets.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 2,323
Back