BOTM September 07 - Single Speed machines !!

Hello All,

This is my multi tasking faithful Peugeot single speed – used for everything except off road (reserved for Kona + Gary Fisher)

It’s nothing special circa 1990/1991 running Deore LX (what’s left anyway!)

Set up as 48 x 16 she is nice and quick, whilst still rideable uphill! Also once the not needed gearing had been removed she is surprisingly light.

Thank you to Tintin40 for the bars and Jonrock for the levers.

**Note Saddle came with bike – not my choice but very comfortable – especially with 100psi tires**

Please be kind! :D :D

Attachments

• P9060020 (Medium).JPG
    P9060020 (Medium).JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 2,491
  • P9060021 (Medium).JPG
    P9060021 (Medium).JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 2,491
  • P9060022 (Medium).JPG
    P9060022 (Medium).JPG
    126 KB · Views: 2,491
  • P9060023 (Medium).JPG
    P9060023 (Medium).JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 2,491
not going to win any prizes but its my chance to enter

didnt even bother to clean it

its my daily commuter (14miles per day)
and my only bike for rides too

notable spec is

kona frame (1994)
old deore dx front hub and mavic 221 rim
marin rockstar fork (soon to be red or black)
avid v-brakes with nokon cables
megamo steel oversize trials stem (199:cool:

i know theres some modern stuff but its mostly retro with a retro feel

To those asking about cut off date:

Entries will be taken until Sunday at around 7pm when i will put up the poll.

Cheers

Well, I'll bung mine in and let others decide if it 'fits'! Frame is '98 I believe. As with others above, feel is retro even if most parts are not...

chf9.jpg

chf5.jpg

chf1.jpg

chf2.jpg

chf3.jpg

chf8.jpg

Really wanted to get my 'Very Red' Pace in for this following a complete transformation.

However, I've been too busy and it's not done and won't be by Sunday unfortunately.

I shall post up some before and after shots in my gallery in any case so people can have a nosey...!

Oh my God, I about had an accident in my pants when I saw the Klein with the spinergy's, that is I think quite possibly the nicest Bike I've seen full stop.

Mine's never gonna win but I'll throw it in too ;)

It's a Bontrager Race frame, Pace RC30 forks, Hope Flip-Flop singlespeed wheelset, Paul brakes, blah, blah, blah.....

Did have purple Paul levers too but these are being used for a new SS project, cantis will be switched soon to some Shimano XT :D

I do have fresh stickers but quite like the stealth unbranded look!

DSC00393.jpg

Cheers
Stu

This one may qualify.

It pre-dates the "single speed" era but this is the retro forum after all.....

I just found your gallery feature, very nice!

Cheers!!

--
CR

Attachments

• Cooks.jpg
    Cooks.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 2,351
This is the second single-speed specific bike made by Paul @ Rock Lobster. I haven't seen much in the way of earlier single speed bikes (other than converted BMX cruiser style bikes). Kinda ugly paint but it is original.

LobsterSSUgly.JPG

LobsterSSCrank.JPG

LobsterSSSeat.JPG

LobsterSSDrop.JPG

Here we have my workhorse Kona Explosif from 1995 with prototype 1996 paint - owned since new by me and ridden/raced on three continents. I could get it resprayed but I like the patina of age... I did all that damage myself :twisted:

Complete - latest incarnation, all components have earned their place with the stem for example coming from my 1992 Rocky Mountain Blizzard (RIP)

yo2ybx.jpg

Dropouts - track ends fitted after the orignals snapped at the chainstay in 2006 :cool: (Look... no tensioner :eek: )

yleo6p.jpg

Campag road hub radial wheel - built for laugh but now 6 years old :shock:

yleo6o.jpg

XTR cranks and Jericho Suffering - 33tooth because :?:

yleo6m.jpg

Dented top tube - done in 1995 when it was two weeks old :roll: This frame was meant to be a stop gap but once I'd dented it I couldn't sell it... and here we are 12 years later.

yo2ybn.jpg

If the trails are dry this is one of my favourite bikes for the local forest. I'm so glad I never sold this baby ;)
I don't believe in cleaning my bikes, the layers of muck are a protective coating :? and I'd far rather be out riding :LOL:

Lets see if it gets more than ZERO points this time.

Back