Other sports interests?

rody

BoTM Winner
Hey all,

I was curious what other sports interest you...after all, you can't ride ALL the time, can you?

I personally engage in a few others;

- rock and ice climbing
-whitewater kayaking

One activity that is really pulling the strings of desire hard is BASE jumping. I'm about a hair's width away from buying a kit and less than that from being divoriced for it :p

Here's a few pics to get things rolling...

Attachments

• 12small.JPG
    12small.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 2,734
  • rattlesnakefallsrodysmall.jpg
    rattlesnakefallsrodysmall.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 2,734
  • surprisesmall.JPG
    surprisesmall.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 2,734
I play a bit of tennis and squash . ( raquet ball in your country ) .

You should go to my hometown in france , we have the highest bridge in the world .

Rody- you really are the man!! :shock:

that bridge in France is amazing!! Had a slideshow with a stack of photos through the build. Thats one place I have gotta go and see. :)

Other sports? Played a bit of golf, used to dabble at squash, used to sail, ummmm. struggling now. Tried kyaking a few times, but lacked a bit of adreneline for me - though those drops may change that!!
You won't get me near cliffs. Afan scares me :oops:

Driving over that mad bridge in June in the Supra dontchya know on the way to Spain on a roadtrip. Dont worry tho - there will be a bike in the back of course for a spot of poootling in the sun :)

I play squash (almost) regularly but that competes with drinking heavily which Im actually getting quite good at :(

A former me was well into climbing and kayaking. It was my career for a while but that's what probably killed my interest - too much of a good thing every day means the last thing you want to do at weekends is more of the same!

Now I engage in full contact DIY, competitive-level house duties and amature home accountancy. I'm so rock and roll.

BASE jumpng is something I'd LOVE o do! Might even inspire me to get my rack out again!

That is a long way to drive to Spain .
I always fly home , much quicker and cheaper .

Will invite you for a brew if I am there .

And motorway .

it is free from Clermont ferrant , but you will have to pay for the bridge

Rody, you are into some fun activities. In the Uk we like to multi task in that mountain biking here could also be considered a watersport!
I also climb but mostly indoors in the winter. Climbing is great because there are loads of shiny anodised widgits ;)
How about snowboarding? I love my (retro ?) 94/95 Burton Air although I mainly ride my Omen now.
I also enjoy target shooting and my Fulton P14 Target rifle could be considered an "other retro project".

Back