TV programme back-in-the-day

Mad Cow Racing featured heavily on one edition of High-5, racing at Knebworth House (and generally annoying the Raleigh pro's)

JMC and PeeWee were there too!

Trans World Sports used to run at 5 or 5:30 in the morning and I would watch everyday (morning) with my new born daughter. She is now 14.

didn't it use to be on a saturday morning at aroun 8am too - and wasn't the woman who narrated it the same as who did Eurotrash? :D

that was a great program - it was the only one to cover niche sports quite well.

Yeah they did an episode in Queenstown, NZ too, used to love that show.. :cool:

The MTB episode featured quite a bit of footage form the Kamikaze Downhill video.. JT, Ned etc.

It was niche and a very silly time of day like 7am, it covered the likes of skydiving/skysurfing, freediving, snowboarding, surfing, free climbing, bungee etc. and used narration along with random interjected clips of different sports. it was one of the first of the extreme type sports programs featuring sports shown to a cool soundtrack. They say you remember best what you enjoyed the most :D
Tommorrow my finished Kona singlespeed hits the road, how light, clean and simple does that bike look! I can't wait to take it for a blast, back on spd's after years on flats, wish me luck :p

kingroon":2z1rvzzq said:
Yeah they did an episode in Queenstown, NZ too, used to love that show.. :cool:

The MTB episode featured quite a bit of footage form the Kamikaze Downhill video.. JT, Ned etc.

I played that episode on tape so many times, I even remember the music :shock: the observant would notice the riders peddling up the hill, no ski lifts or pick up trucks then.. imagine the pump.
I wish I could remember work related stuff as well as this :D

jonboy":bgh1dz0h said:
I have a box full of video tapes of Hi5 ! Might have to dig them out and have a watch !

Get them converted to DVD!

Back